Killer Instinct guy

Rob Bredl is his name, he is also called the barefoot bushmanhttp://www.barefootbushman.com/. His show, Killer Instinct, airs tonight (Sunday night/Monday morning) at 4:00AM on OLN. Does anyone know where he might have gotten his bowie knife? I like the looks of it, though I suspect it is a custom job. I like his show. the guy seems insane, yet is pretty knowledgeable about animals and living off the land.

Oh, and bonus points to the person who can tell me where I can get a hat like his.

kuraa pokha, manmaa naraakha
Jeremiah

(link fixed - thanks for the tip)

Jeremiah, what is OLN? :confused:

And where is a pic of the Bowie. I looked at several links in the site and didn't see it.

Oh, and to make the link work you need to get rid of the (). They keep it from working as is.

Yvsa:
OLN is the Outdoor Life Network. I get it through my cable, but it is likely not nation wide. I didn't think that there wouldn't be a picture on the website, but you're right. I guess its not P.C., but most of the time during the show he has it on his left hip. I'll see if I can't get a screen capture and e-mail you a pic tomorrow.

Jeremiah

bullfrog99 said:
Yvsa:
OLN is the Outdoor Life Network. I get it through my cable, but it is likely not nation wide.

I'll see if I can't get a screen capture and e-mail you a pic tomorrow.

Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah. Haven't heard of the OLN here. I have extended basic cable, all we can afford and have been really considering going to a Satelite.
Full cable here is around $80.00 a month or more now.:eek: :( :thumbdn:
The satelite companies advertise more channels and less money but they are said not to do well under large trees or in bad weather. Our friends that have them say it's not bad.
It would be nice if cable would let you substitue some channels. I'd get rid of the sports channels and get Sci Fi, TTC, and maybe a couple of others.
I don't think we've ever watched a sports channel ever.:(

Same here Ysva, I'm not much of a sports fan either. I have about 50 channels on my cable, but to be honest, all I watch are a couple of different shows each week. I'm not into sports, talk shows, or reality tv, and that seems to occupy the majority of air time these days. History channel, and sometimes OLN have interesting things on, but not often. A satellite dish would probably be wasted on me. I'm seriously considering getting netflix and just nixing the cable altogether. You can rent whole seasons of the shows you want to watch, and get no commercials for like $20 something a month. That’s less then half what I’m paying for cable right now.

Jeremiah

I pay for the most basic cable . It flicked off one day so I went outside and there is mister up the ladder fooling around . I asked politely what was going on and got a snotty answer . Not a wise move when you are up a ladder !
Anyway I went inside the house and the guy had given me everything short of pay T:V: ~ I,ll be calling the company one of these days to disconnect me ! (That will be the same day that tech comes back and apologises . !)
I don,t get O:L:N: here . What did the hat look like ?

Kismet

Basic Member
bonus points to the person who can tell me where I can get a hat like his.

Bullfrog?

hats...lotsa places...

pricey wide-brimmed fedora...http://www.noggintops.com/page.cfm?p=92

Fedora explorer (bottom of page)
http://www.pantropic.biz/outdoorcatalogue.html

Or, Western clothing/horsey stores...may have fabric/wool wide-brims, or rancher-sized straw in various weights and prices.

Or, resale shops might have Grandpa's old hats from when EVERYONE wore one.

Good hunting.

I don't care about his hat; I'm impressed by his bare feet.

He wandered the Sonoran desert looking for a Western Diamondback rattler.
Barefoot.

The soles on his feet are mucho beyond whatever I achieved as a kid growing up in California,where you could walk barefoot nearly all year round.

munk

Nifty guy huh munk. I like his shows better then the Crocodile Hunter anyways. Not that those are bad, but they are a little less serious. Anyways,

"He wandered the Sonoran desert looking for a Western Diamondback rattler.
Barefoot."

Cactus got a piece of him though. I wonder if that is why, Native Americans living in the warmer climates wore moccasins, vs. going barefoot like the Australian Aborigines. I try every once and awhile to go barefoot, but it sure hurts when you step on a stone.

Well, the brim is flat like that Kismet, but the top is different... I do like the looks of that Montecristi Fedora though. Kind of reminds me of a hat one of the bad guys from Indiana Jones wore. I do wish hats would come back into style in Michigan. I wear my cowboy hats every once and a while, but I always get funny looks for my effort.

Jeremiah

This fellow will make you a hat just like you want. Just give him a size and a pic.;) :D :cool: :thumbup:

Edit:
Well it appears that Tim's website is no longer in operation. Bummer.:(

Thanks Yvsa, based on my budget, I'll probably end up looking around second hand stores for an old hat like Kismet.

That's pretty much the hat right there DaddyDett, though I think I need to find the economy version. I guess you get the cookie.

Jeremiah