Killer RF1

I said I'd do a bit of a photoessay when my RF1 arrived, so here's some pics and a bit of a comparo with my Leu hefty bluephin.

Nice finish, inner blue anodizing is super sexy. Fit and hardware is top notch. Lock up is phenomenal. Super strong, but not stiff. Love the ghost logo on the spine. Did I mention the hardware is sweet? Countersinking is right on. Contouring is smooth, that blade stop is massive! The back bevel is super cool, nicely polished. Detent is just right.

Here's some pics with the bluephin, which is similar in blade and scale thickness but the bluephin's blade is 1/4" shorter.

The leu is 225 g, the RF1 is 16 g lighter despite the g10 on the leu... I think overall more blade volume on the leu makes it heavier. Both chisel ground but the leu is zero ground.

One little thing that's unusual is the little bit of non-blasted or non-tumbled bit behind the opening hole that match on both sides that fit the shape of the scales and is hidden when opened. Doesn't detract from the knife but it is a little unusual.

Overall a wonderfully crafted knife that I'm proud to own.

Thanks for sharing so far.. love to see some front on pics and perhaps in hand or outdoors. You going to use it? Hope so :) Also show that inside ano if you can, cheers!

Thanks for the pix and the write-up.
I love the Leu and the Fairly folder!!
Enjoy.
rolf

Can I barrow it?.......I'll be right back with it...:D

"right back" is entirely subjective

I saw your USN post. Only gonna get harder to get these now, folks!

Thanks Weinerd!! :cool: Much appreciated!

I really appreciate the pics and review! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Some side on full knife pics

Hell yeah it'll be used! Tried getting better inside ano but just can't get the lighting right. It's pretty sweet though...

Back