Kingwood Laminated Blade

I just recently finished my 5th knife. It's got a laminated blade (that gave me plenty of trouble with warping :)) and kingwood scales. After the scan, I sharpened it, finished up the handle some more, and made a back pocket sheath (copied from the AG Russell Woodswalker) that I oiled up real nice. I finished it all just in time to give my dad for Christmas. He had watched me work on it over the past weeks, and was really interested in it all, but had no idea I was giving it to him, so it was really cool to give it to him Christmas morning. It's not the best knife I've made (although it has by far the best finish), mostly bacause it's edge is lawnmower blade steel which didn't harden really well and it warped to a concave edge on one side and convex on the other. Oh well, it cuts :). Also, you can't really see it in the scans, but there is a clear line near the edge between the layers that showed up after etching. It adds a little character, at least :). Thanks for looking, and any tips or criticism are welcomed and appreciated.

if the link works, the pictures of the knife are labeled as knife[1].5.a and .5.b: click "view pictures" to see the other picture and two other knives
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANWjhs1Ztm7iA

-Will

Hey Will, there's nothing like giving your dad a knife you made. It's a great feeling for both; I know cause I've done it too, and I bet most of us have. ;) You may have started something with the "special" "concavx" grind... :D It'll be interesting to find out how it cuts. I mean it, there may be unexpected benefits from your accident, kinda like PostIt notes. :cool:

I liked your other knives too, particularly the blade shape of the one with the yellow wood handle. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Dave. I'll have to ask my Dad about the way it cuts, and let everyone know if we find anything out about the "Concavx" grind.
The knife you liked is my favorite too. It was supposed to have a lanyard hole in the end of the tang, but as I was drillling the hole, the bit walked (I don't have a press) toward the edge, and by the time I realized it, it was too late. The hole looked too close tothe edge to look sturdy, so I just peened in a piece of brass rod :).

-Will

Good job Will. I like them too. My dad still has the one I made him when I was starting out. I too like the one with the maple handle best. It looks like it would fit the hand well.... Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.
Ed