Kitchen cutlery ?

Mark have you ever made any kitchen cutlery ? That's the knife that get's the most use in my house and using a custom is way more fun than using a JA Henkels knife or some other mass produced blade you can buy at the store.

Not sure why but I think a kitchen knife would sell like hotcakes.

Mark have you ever made any kitchen cutlery ? That's the knife that get's the most use in my house and using a custom is way more fun than using a JA Henkels knife or some other mass produced blade you can buy at the store.

Not sure why but I think a kitchen knife would sell like hotcakes.

I think he may have made some at some point, but I honestly think that most kitchen knife enthusiasts are...well...I guess "snobs" is close to what I'm going for. There are a lot of them and they are willing to fork over cash for good blades, but they will only buy Japanese-made and German-made blades because "no one makes a better knife". I have a custom kitchen knife (not made by Mark, though) and love it, although I should have asked for it to be thinner (I'm bad with numbers--totally my fault) and when I reviewed the knife in a few different forums I got largely comments asking me how it stacks up to high-end Japanese and German knives. I always like seeing custom makers getting into kitchen blades, though!

Hola Mark - have you had a chance to come up with a kitchen knife design ? I would be interested in a utlility type knife. My most used kitchen knife is made by Shun Cuttlery specifically the 6" utility "Alton's Angle" model. The blade is a bit too thin though. I'd love to see your take on that style of blade.

Back