Kizer 2016 June New product alert --Corto(Ki4459)!!!

Corto
Lean and mean, Corto was born to cut through all the nonsense of daily life and get to the truth underneath. Complemented by the G10 set into the smooth Titanium handle, the quick action of the blade is augmented with a grippy surface that won’t lose traction no matter what the challenge offers. A natural born slicer, Corto will soon part you from your troubles.

Link:http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b428/kizernews/Ki4459A1_zpsp0pc8hfd.png
Ki4459A1Image:

Link:http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b428/kizernews/Ki4459A2_zpseq4drd07.png
Ki4459A2Image:

Model No.: Ki4459A1/Ki4459A2
Model Name: Corto
Designer: Azo

Blade Material CPM-S35VN
Blade Thickness0.138"(3.5mm)
Blade Length3.44"(87.5mm)
Overall Length7.64"(194.3mm)
Handle Material6AL4V Titanium
Weight3.67oz(104g)
MSRP222USD

Really like that bottom one! Any idea on when dealer's will have them? washers or bearings?

Really like that bottom one! Any idea on when dealer's will have them? washers or bearings?

Hello xICEMANx,
Thanks for your attention.
It's ready for now,i think dealer will get it within one week.
It hasn't ball bearing system,but it has washers and lock insert.

Thanks,
Kizer

That looks great,
G2

Really wanting to pick up the green inlaid version. Only seen the blue and red at Blade HQ. Anyone found the other for sale anywhere?

Really wanting to pick up the green inlaid version. Only seen the blue and red at Blade HQ. Anyone found the other for sale anywhere?

The Kizer release structure really confuses me. Some retailers will get their knives way before others, whereas some retailers will not get some of their knives at all. For example, BladeHQ and Knifecenter seem to get some of Kizer models earlier than GPKnives, who will eventually get most, but not all of them. And then there's Knifeworks, who prices their Kizers below MAP.

Mine arrived last night, very nice folder;

Corto_closed.jpg~original

Corto_partial.jpg~original

I did a small review of this folder here

G2

badass kizer! ill be getting one of these. would you consider doing the same handle but with a wharncliffe blade, flipper, and ball bearings? I think people would love that.

It's so smooth that I'm not missing any bearings
And the blade is close to being a wharncliff

Corto_closed_light.jpg~original

Corto_open_light.jpg~original

G2

Flips great doesn't it!

a shot edited into black and white...

Corto_BW.jpg~original

G2

Thanks! and it's also a pretty great folder as well :)
G2

I like this knife, looks like a Sebenza killer to me! The specs are very close:

Crk 25 Specs:
Blade Steel:
Crucible CPM S35VN
59-60 RC
Blade Length:
3.625" (92 mm)
Blade Thickness:
0.14" (3.56 mm)
Overall Length:
8.335" (212 mm)
Handle Material:
6Al4V Titanium
Handle Thickness:
0.150" (3.8 mm)
Weight:
5.2 oz. (145 g)

Corto Specs:
Blade Material CPM-S35VN
Blade Thickness 0.138"(3.5mm)
Blade Length 3.44"(87.5mm)
Overall Length 7.64"(194.3mm)
Handle Material 6AL4V Titanium
Weight 3.67oz(104g)

I think I prefer the Corto due to the full flat grind, blade shape, grippy micarta inlays, less weight and slivhtly smaller dimensions. Where the large Seb seems too large and the small seems too small, the Corto just might fit the bill. And way less money!

I think I will order it pretty soon!

Last edited:
I couldn't resit any longer and ordered one. It is the blue version, but the titanium handles are speed blasted. So now I will have a grey one with a red micarta inlay, how's that?

Back