1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Kizer Feist and the gritty action....

Discussion in 'Kizer Cutlery' started by jnl, May 30, 2017.

1. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    I don't have any clip issues.

I like the retention on mine. It is tighter than other knives but I see this as a plus, like my Dragonfly 2 I can wear it with gym shorts and know that it won't slip off. I wear it with jeans regularly and I can easily put it on and take it off.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Have there been any updates with newer models or fixes?

The_Machine likes this.
  3. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Our Kizer rep says the end of August for the "fixed" model.....

flash900 and lieferung like this.
  4. lieferung

May 24, 2016
    I hope they offer some sort of fix for those of us with the original. Been using it, I don't find the action too bothersome but it would be nice to have it addressed...

5. josh yu

josh yu

Jun 14, 2017
    When the new line is released, is there any way to determine or ensure i am buying a new production?

I had to return mine and eagerly awaiting, as i absolutely love the concept and design

flash900 likes this.
  6. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    As an owner of several non-gritty Kizer knives I'm sorry to hear that you had to show them how to fix the problem. This illustrates a lack of good knife engineering on their part and gives those who hate non-USA made knives some more evidence to support their claims.

And if you are thinking about returning your knife for customer service take a look at this post.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lousy-warranty-service.1508697/

7. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Any idea on how we can ask for a "fixed" Feist model?

flash900 likes this.
  8. blade man

blade man

Jan 8, 2001
    jnl is the designer of the Feist.

9. blade man

blade man

Jan 8, 2001
    I'd be very disappointed if they changed the clip tension, I thought it was perfect. Tight, but not problematically so, it was exactly what I wanted for a short, light knife.

10. lieferung

May 24, 2016
    I doubt they'll touch the clip. From what I gathered the main issue is a floating pivot causing gritty action. I also hope they can do something about lockbar tension, it seems absurdly tight for such a small knife, you need either extremely strong fingers or small hands. I've been told using your nail works but I cut mine very short.

11. josh yu

josh yu

Jun 14, 2017
    from what i've read, it sounds like just the "main" issue is being addressed which is the pivot

lieferung likes this.
  12. emjay4248

emjay4248 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I just realized that you are the designer of the fiest. I look forward to getting one when the problems are ironed out. Nice design simple and clean looking.

lieferung likes this.
  13. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    It's the right size and it's kind of fun to have a front flipper!

lieferung likes this.
  14. The_Machine

The_Machine

Jun 8, 2017
    Design wise, this seems like a perfect little knife for EDC. Smaller size, non-threatening blade shape and an overall minimalist design. Can only hope they manage to get a fixed version out that solves the issues people have been having.

flash900 and lieferung like this.
  15. flash900

flash900 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 17, 2010
    It's a great design and I miss mine every day since I sent it back.
    Eager to get a fixed version.

lieferung likes this.
  16. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    It's worth the wait to get a fixed Feist model in a month from now but we still don't know how to tell if they're the fixed models before the dealer sends it.

17. flash900

flash900 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I hope Kizer calls them the Feist II or something else that tells buyers they won't have to guess about getting the original gritty version.

18. The_Machine

The_Machine

Jun 8, 2017
    Yeah. It needs to be fairly simple to tell the old model from the fixed version. Even if that means they have to clearance out the old.

19. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    If you guys want a really good front flipper try the Boos Blades Smoke TS1. Best mass production front flipper I've found.

lieferung likes this.
  20. lieferung

May 24, 2016
    At least for me, the Feist's appeal is not based on the fact that it's a front flipper. The design, size, and aesthetic are very pleasing to me, and not too commonly found.