Review Kizer Gemini CF exclusive...real nice!

Dogdrawz

Gold Member
Just got this in the mail. Merry Christmas to me! ...oh I likey.

zhiqZfZ.jpg

All the :thumbsup:'s:
  • Looks (IMO)
  • Blade steel
  • Detent is medium & on the verge of firm. Have to try really hard to fail it.
  • Pocket clip.
  • Blade sharpness.
  • Edge bevels.
  • Slim in pocket.
  • Ergos.
  • Polished & skeletonized liners.
  • CF scales.
  • Ceramic bearings & detent ball.
  • Non Kizer twirly pivot screw head.
  • Smooth. Cuz ya know...bearings.

You can call these all the :thumbsdown:'s, but I call em problems of an anal detailer/designer/machinist.
  • Flipper tab could be a tad smaller.
  • Could use a sharpening choil.
  • Sharp edges on inside edges of scales, not a problem if your fingers are adult sized.
  • Floating pivot. Is this really a bad thing?
  • Liners are polished, but are not pretty. Tool marks, scratches & blemishes. You don't see these, not a problem.
  • Liner Lock thumb "ramp" is the same height as the scale, tends to want to pinch your thumb, but it doesn't. I just can't push the lock over as much as I'd like w/o using my nail.
  • No washers. Bearings ride directly on milled out pockets in the liners. Bad, not so bad? Meh. Liners are steel. Bearings are ceramic.
  • Titanium hardware to match pocket clip would be awesome. (Still researching.)
  • BTW, I'd give an extra $50-$80 for a Odin Heim Damasteel blade.

Mods performed (none are needed, but do make the knife feel more in the $170-$190 range):
  • Small detent ramp on tang. That's tha bizness!
  • Sanded some of the inside corners of the scales. Oh, so comfy!
  • Small sharpening choil. (May shrink the flipper tab in the future, thus make a bit larger sharpening choil.)
  • Sanded scale (finger choil area) on the back side of liner lock thumb ramp to approximately .020" lower than liner lock thumb ramp. That's the ticket!
  • Polished milled out bearing pockets in liners & bearing pockets on tang. I can see my reflection!
I give this little sweatheart a fat :thumbsup::thumbsup: before mods & an extra :thumbsup: for after mods.

PS. I do believe this could use a larger size for those who prefer a blade > 3.125".

Back