Kizer Ki401T - Caligine Tanto

Hi Kizer fans.
I've got my eye on this Kizer Ki401T Caligine Tanto in black.

kizer-ki401dt1-cm-large.jpg

Auston H reviewed one pretty favorably on his YouTube channel, and I generally agree with his opinion on most knives.
Just wanted to get some feedback from owners. Particularly owners of the tanto version. That hollow ground recurve looks like it would be a bitch to sharpen.
But I really dig the overall style of the knife.

Any size comparison pics would also be fantastic.
Thanks,

That's the exact model of the Caligine that I've been looking at: tanto blackwashed.

It's great to see Kizer use bearings instead of washers and torx pivot instead of propriety. I'm hoping they'll soon add a lock bar steel insert to address lock stickiness and wear.

That would be a much appreciated addition. Especially since I see Kizer's prices *kinda* creeping up, along with all the other Chinese newcomers from the last year or two...
So I guess it can't be helped, but once you get around the $200 neighborhood, lottttttta great options out there.
It's usually the $1xx pricetag that attracts me to Kizers, the one above being the first exception I've seen. That's just a damn good looking knife.

It's speaking to me like how the Horizon C spoke to me, that is to say, it's yelling my name, whereas all the other models to date have just given me a disinterested "hey" :p

I got two different models of the Kizer 3404 with 3" blades for around $115 about 15 months ago. Nice light flippers. They're washers, proprietary pivot and no lock bar insert. Once you approach $200 all of those plus extra milling are necessary.

Auston made a video for this one? Nice, I've been thinking of getting the Caligine. There is a drop point version of this somewhere, and another one with grey/silver colors.

EDIT: I have bad reading comprehension, he didn't make a video on this particular Kizer.

Last edited:
3404 is a nice knife!
[video=youtube;NDoUirMmANQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDoUirMmANQ[/video]

I got two different models of the Kizer 3404 with 3" blades for around $115 about 15 months ago. Nice light flippers. They're washers, proprietary pivot and no lock bar insert. Once you approach $200 all of those plus extra milling are necessary.

I think these newer editions have upgrades over the model that I reviewed. Could be wrong, but I think they are now on bearings as opposed to washers.

I think these newer editions have upgrades over the model that I reviewed. Could be wrong, but I think they are now on bearings as opposed to washers.

I believe you are correct, and the Blade HQ description of this knife states it is indeed on bearings.

Back