Kizer T1 experience?

ktataragasi

Gold Member
Hello. Does anyone have experience with the Kizer T1. I haven't heard too many things about it but most people that have it seem to enjoy it. Just looking for some people who have actually used or use one daily.

Well I'll go ahead and update my own post so that this may be useful to others in the future.

bF2bu9c.jpg

zD9M6aO.jpg

I went ahead and ordered the T1 and it is amazing. I feel like this knife does not get talked about enough. The fit and finish is one of the best I have seen. The action was amazing out of the box and the blade is amazingly sharp.

Kizer Cutlery Kizer Cutlery you should really have your distributors update their product photos because none of them have pictures of the updates you have made to this knife. The changes really make this knife visually beautiful.

I plan on really using this knife and it will be fun to see how it holds up and ages.

I have one and the detent sticks bad. I have tried to get some help from Kizer but so far no luck.

Thanks, I hope they do. I emailed customer service, they asked for videos and copy of sales receipt which I provided and have never heard back from them

I adore mine, it's slightly off center but not noticeably without looking for it, and it's otherwise a solid and smooth knife that I think very highly of. Super comfortable handle design mated with Kizer's awesomely soft-feeling titanium, and the blade is no slouch.

Just bought one 2nd hand on the sale forum here. It is a really impressive knife.
I also bought a Justice new from an online retailer. Both knives have me fired up about quality for value with Kizer.
Also, Kizer's patterns are really appealing to me.
I resisted these Chinese knives at first but the two I have now are fine knives. I expect to own more.

Just bought one 2nd hand on the sale forum here. It is a really impressive knife.
I also bought a Justice new from an online retailer. Both knives have me fired up about quality for value with Kizer.
Also, Kizer's patterns are really appealing to me.
I resisted these Chinese knives at first but the two I have now are fine knives. I expect to own more.
I've been really blown away by the carbon fiber Begleiter, if kwaikens are ok with you that's an outstanding one.

Bought 2 through Amazon a few years ago, but the detent was so strong that I had to push both thumbstuds at the same time to open them. I tried hard to open them with one thumb and gave up when my thumb started to get bloody.

Bought 2 through Amazon a few years ago, but the detent was so strong that I had to push both thumbstuds at the same time to open them. I tried hard to open them with one thumb and gave up when my thumb started to get bloody.
And you are certain you were not pushing on the lockbar while trying? One knife with a detent problem; can happen. But two with the same problem? Regarding detent Kizer received more complaints about them being too soft.

And you are certain you were not pushing on the lockbar while trying? One knife with a detent problem; can happen. But two with the same problem? Regarding detent Kizer received more complaints about them being too soft.
The detent being fast/lite is my experience with the T1. As it is a thumb stud pattern you have to be cautious with one hand closing as the blade can come back on your thumb knuckle. I'm actually thinking about tightening up the bearing screw. Anyway, I like the pattern.

I agree that Mister Punchy is likely got pressure on frame lock. Try taking your middle finger and placing it on the clips tip. It'll flip/flick for you. I use my thumb to flick it out. Super slick knife.

The detent being fast/lite is my experience with the T1. As it is a thumb stud pattern you have to be cautious with one hand closing as the blade can come back on your thumb knuckle. I'm actually thinking about tightening up the bearing screw. Anyway, I like the pattern.

I agree that Mister Punchy is likely got pressure on frame lock. Try taking your middle finger and placing it on the clips tip. It'll flip/flick for you. I use my thumb to flick it out. Super slick knife.
I like to use my thumb and index finger and pop the studs out with equal pressure, it's pretty fun

It would not hurt my feelings if Kizer decided that this pattern would be improved by being made a flipper with thumb studs.

How slippery is that flat titanium handle?
There is quite a bit of machining on it honestly. I've never found it particularly slippery. I know it doesn't have the grippy sand blast finish buts it's always been fine for me.

I strongly think that you guys are right. At the moment I was new in the knife hobby and never thought about that. It is especially true with thumbstuds.

I strongly think that you guys are right. At the moment I was new in the knife hobby and never thought about that. It is especially true with thumbstuds.

Yeah, the action of using thumbstuds can lead your fingers to sympathetically squeeze, so even if you're not trying to you might have been pushing *just* enough at *just* the wrong place and *exactly* when you didn't need that extra pressure. It's fun learning new knives!

It's not slippery at all, it's smooth but between the shape and the machining and the texture it's very secure and comfortable.

How slippery is that flat titanium handle?

Back