Kizer Velox 2 problem

I recently purchased a Kizer Velox 2 and there are some major problems with this knife.
Upon receiving this knife, I find that there is vertical blade play, and I have found that the reason is because the tang is cut at a very dramatic angle, when you apply negative force on the blade, it causes it to push out the lock bar. This is a huge problem and I don't know if it is just my blade or it happens to others. So I tried to remove the screw and apply some loctite and tighten it back up. It isn't that terrible and probably a little tightening will help, but when I start to tighten it, the screws stripped out super fast. I emailed Kizer at service@kizercutlery.com and it has been 2 days and no reply. Has anyone contacted Kizer or know where should I send my knife to? It is really frustrating when a company doesn't reply at all.

The Vanguard liner lock or the titanium frame lock?

I have the Vanguard and mine does not do this.

I have no suggestions for resolving your issue, sorry. I have yet to deal with their service, so I do not know how to get them to respond. I would like to know whether they get you taken care of, though.

I would send an email to every email address on their site and maybe someone will respond.

I'll keep it posted about their warranty. If they don't respond then their knife isn't really worth the price.

I had a very positive experience with their warranty service. Good communication and the service center happens to be in Southern CA, so shipping was only a couple of days.

How long did it take for them to contact you back? Cause the first email it's been 2 days already.

UPDATE: Wendy has responded to me to send them a video to check. I don't know any knife company that asks that but it was hard to film small movements along the lock bar. I just sent the video now awaiting feedback. I really hope they will actually try to resolve the issue.

I have the titanium framelock Velox 2 and don't have any problems with lock up. I've had good experiences with Kizer service, so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Second update: Wendy has been replying to be and provided a location in which I can send my knife to in California. It's too bad even though I live so close to that location I can't just go and drop it off lol. Great communication and fast response time after the initial email. She said it will take about 3-4 weeks to send me the replacement knife after they received it. I'll keep you guys posted about their warranty service after I send my knife in.

Back