Kizer Velox2 ; the perfect knife?

I like this one. Hidden flipper, S35VN blade, ball bearings, titanium scales, 3.375 inch blade (8,5 cm) Yeah, give it to me baby! This knife seems to tick all boxes!

e7302aa0d383f3d557c13c46e304b613_zpsmff6rhfq.jpg

Last edited:
I'd need to hold and use one but I'll say it's a perfect knife.
The F&F on my new Ki4449 is flawless.
rolf

The Velox2 has been released just now! It will be available from your dealer shortly.
I got the prototype that was shown at the Shot Show a couple of weeks ago and I can tell you that it's a great knife! I have many knives at my disposal (I run a knife shop) but this knife managed to push some great knives out of my pocket! To me it's the perfect EDC. It has the right size (not too big and not too small), great ergo's and blade shape and (not too un-important) great looks! Specially like the hidden flipper! Mind you that mine is a prototype! The jimping on the flipper tab will probably be a little different on the production version. The prototype did not have jimping so I did ad that myself.
257359463.jpg

257359467.jpg

Nice blade,, how's the f&f...the few kizers I have come with some issues ( centering, loose pivot, but nothing that can't be corrected)...I really enjoy their designs and the hidden flipper is a nice touch. Plus this knife has a nice elegance to it...

I like all of my Kizers. On of the things I would like to see different in the higher end knives is something other than smoothed rounded titanium scales. Between the Gemini,Titanium Intrepid and Velox2, they all look boring except for some anodized hardware.

Practical but very utilitarian. Same goes with the standard Chris Reeve Knives - practical but not very exciting to look at on a daily basis. I would definitely have to have some custom ano work done to them.

Maybe they do this to appeal the mass market. I have a anodized River cat that I like but I find that I use my black G-10 Intrepid because the lock is so smooth and I l love the blade geometry. Plus, it's hard to beat the price.

Anybody know of someone that does good custom ano work at a reasonable price. I have a great guy but just wanted to see other examples out there.

I wonder what the stonewashing is like. The finish on my Vanguard Gemini is a bit more reflective than I'd like. A bit of a fingerprint magnet too.

I personally prefer more matte finishes.

Either way, it looks as sexy as it is functional :thumbup:

I like all of my Kizers. On of the things I would like to see different in the higher end knives is something other than smoothed rounded titanium scales. Between the Gemini,Titanium Intrepid and Velox2, they all look boring except for some anodized hardware.

Practical but very utilitarian. Same goes with the standard Chris Reeve Knives - practical but not very exciting to look at on a daily basis. I would definitely have to have some custom ano work done to them.

Maybe they do this to appeal the mass market. I have a anodized River cat that I like but I find that I use my black G-10 Intrepid because the lock is so smooth and I l love the blade geometry. Plus, it's hard to beat the price.

Anybody know of someone that does good custom ano work at a reasonable price. I have a great guy but just wanted to see other examples out there.

You call it boring I call it subdue classy ;)

It's like a Aston Martin vs a pimped out streetcar :)

You call it boring I call it subdue classy ;)

It's like a Aston Martin vs a pimped out streetcar :)

Boring probably isn't the right word..more like repetitive between the different models. They are very nice though.

I handled one of these at a recent knife show and it was excellent.

I'm thinking about the Kizer Velox 2 as my first flipper.
The only concern I have is sharpening and touching up the slight recurve blade since I'm new to sharpening.
Any owners care to weigh in?

Nice! Are the scales slick at all? What about when wet? I confess that my past experiences with metal scales have made me cautious.

Anodized first (blue for the Velox and bronze for the Gemini) then stonewashed.

I'm thinking about the Kizer Velox 2 as my first flipper.
The only concern I have is sharpening and touching up the slight recurve blade since I'm new to sharpening.
Any owners care to weigh in?

With a Spyderco Sharpmaker or Lansky Crock sticks / Masters Edge sharpening is a piece of cake.

Nice! Are the scales slick at all? What about when wet? I confess that my past experiences with metal scales have made me cautious.

When wet the grip is not that great. For this knife sandblasting the scales would offer the most grip.

When wet the grip is not that great. For this knife sandblasting the scales would offer the most grip.

I'm really liking this knife, but I'm also looking at the Reate/Liong Mah SDC. Have you by any chance been able to handle both knives, and if so what are your impressions of each?

Back