1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kizer Yorkie

Discussion in 'Kizer Cutlery' started by flash900, Mar 26, 2019.

1. flash900

flash900 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Will this be available in gray without the hole?
    Thanks.

2. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Not in the near future........

3. flash900

Jan 17, 2010
  4. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    The A2 is the blue version which does not have the hole. However it's more of a grey-blue than that photo though. Knifejoy are obviously not good at taking realistic photos......

flash900 likes this.
  5. flash900

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks for the prompt responses and for clearing up this minor mystery!

Question: If you have handled both Yorkies, what do you think of the hole?
    Does it do anything to make the scale more grippy?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  6. Agartha Audio

Agartha Audio Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Both versions are up at carmel cutlery!!! Can't decide which to get at the moment, but I'm copping one asap!

7. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    That's a good idea. The USA appears to have gotten most of this run of the Yorkies and judging from how many Aussie customers missed out, they wont last for long.

8. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    To be honest I didn't hold one long enough before it was sold, so I could not tell.

9. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    I handled both but could not feel any difference as none of my fingers rest on the hole.

10. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
  11. flash900

Jan 17, 2010
    Is the Yorkie basically a small Keen?

12. It’s more blocky than the Keen, which has rounded/crowned scales rather than slabs. It’s basically a smaller version of the Laconico EDC (Monterey Bay Knives). Both the Yorkie and EDC were originally Laconico custom models.

13. Agartha Audio

Agartha Audio Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Just got one, loving this one! Stonewashed the handles, and darkened w/ oxiclean...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lapedog likes this.