Kizer ZuGang?

Comeuppance

Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary
Sorry for the teensy picture, as this is actually a screenshot from my phone - this popped up on eBay and sold before I could get a response from the seller. What can anyone tell me about this knife? I cannot find any information about it and I -love- the look of it.

image.jpg

Sorry for the teensy picture, as this is actually a screenshot from my phone - this popped up on eBay and sold before I could get a response from the seller. What can anyone tell me about this knife? I cannot find any information about it and I -love- the look of it.

View attachment 588797

Kizer has been dropping a lot of new models recently that haven't been on their website, I'm sure these will hit retailers soon though. I imagine right around ~$200 because the scales are contoured but it's not a designer collaboration.

I wonder how big it is? Also, no idea what that kanji says either.

P.S. - I didn't know Fetty Wap's crew had an official knife now.

Kizer just seems to have gone nuclear. :eek: I mean, have you ever seen another manufacturer introduce so many new models in such a short period of time? Seems as if every morning I wake up to a new Kizer model. I just hope they have the infrastructure in place to support their explosive growth.

Last edited:
Yes, I have to agree, they are really kicking out the new stuff.

Three new models from Custom Maker Dirk Pinkerton due in 2016, maybe sooner.

Plus at least three other new models showed up on Knife Center recently. One with an Persian-style blade and the hammered-handle finish.

The second is a recurved dropped-point, with G10 handle insert. The final is another re-curved modified Tanto. All are flippers.

Unfortunately, some of them have had quality control problems though. (Missing screws.)

Regardless of that, Kizer has to be one of the most exciting knife companies to keep an eye on now.

I know I will be buying more to add to the five I have so far.

Kizer has to be one of the most exciting knife companies to keep an eye on now.
I couldn't agree more! They're absolutely steamrolling the competition in my preferred category . . . < 4 oz lightweight folders. Heck, Kizer has introduced more lighweight models in the last 6 months than ZT has produced in their entire existence. And Kizer's latest one, the Gemini, is as good as anything I've seen come out of ZT. I can't wait to see what Kizer comes up with next. At the rate their going, I don't think I'll have to wait very long to find out.

I just hope this one is a tip-up steel-insert-framelock ceramic bearing model. If the blade is 4", I'll be getting my grubby mitts on this one for sure.

I haven't really wanted a Kizer in some time, but this one looks promising. Straight up Sinbad.

I remembered seeing it in a picture a while ago, and pulled this up from an old post of mine discussing their booth at Blade 2015:

You can see it in the front row, the bottom left-hand corner, second to the left, with a black blade and what appears to be a plain handle.

If the other knives around it are good reference, it looks to be just a 3.5" blade. Bummer. Hopefully, given that was a prototype (?), the final version is a little larger.

Kizer Zugang:

Ki4439

Blade MaterialCPM S35VN
Handle Material6AL4V Titanium
Blade Length3.62inch /92mm
Overall Length8.46inch /215mm
Weight185g/6.62oz
HRC58-60

Hi, Comeuppance:

Thanks for spotting that, I'll check on the product announcement spec. The 3.62 I quoted above should be the "edge length" which is the same as the "cutting edge" spec given on Bladehq.

Sorry about the discrepancy. We'll get that checked and corrected ASAP.

Kizer.

The stats are very different. BHQ shows a 3.75" blade, but the Kizer rep above says 3.62" and in the product announcement under 3.5"...?

BladeHQ is pretty accurate with their stats as they measure it themselves.

It's a very cool-looking blade that reminds me of some ancient Chinese battle swords.

Hi, Comeuppance:

Thanks for spotting that, I'll check on the product announcement spec. The 3.62 I quoted above should be the "edge length" which is the same as the "cutting edge" spec given on Bladehq.

Sorry about the discrepancy. We'll get that checked and corrected ASAP.

Kizer.

Hows the flipping action on this knife? having a hard time finding one for sale and finding any info/ internet reviews about it.

Damn you Kizer. Because of the most recent pass around, I just ordered 3 each 3452's. One for myself, and two for my kids that liked it more than any of my ZT's. Currently trying out the Sovereign. I like the 3452 a bit more, but for the price, it's a fine model also. And absolutely love the blade design on the Sovereign. So one of those will probably be coming too after I send off the pass around.

So just stop putting out new models. I can't afford it. You may be the cause of a divorce. :eek: :D

Kizer Cutlery Mod: At risk of sleeping in the doghouse, is there a place to request a current printed catalog. Online is fine sometimes, but I really enjoy thumbing through printed catalogs in spare time or when traveling. I know Spyderco's catalog has resulted in many impulse purchases....unfortunately for my wife. ;)

Last edited:
Back