Kizeri404A2/B1/B2:Opinions?

mwhich50

Gold Member
Sorry that I can not post pics.
I was interested in purchasing the Kizer i404A2/B1/B2. They have the black, g-10 handles, and 3.5" VG-10 blade, $69-$79. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these, and what their opinion is. I couldn't find any online reviews. Thanks for your assistance.

I have a Kizer Ki404B1 and like it. It is a big knife, however. The cutting edge is around 3.5" but the total blade length is more like 3.75 if that makes a difference to you. There are a few minor hot spots around the grip due to dimpling. The few times I've used it, the VG10 seems to wear like you'd expect VG10 to do. It's on washers rather than bearings but the blade is heavy enough to flip pretty effortlessly. The knife has a kind of hollow feel to me, which I guess can be explained by a knife of its size only weighing just a tad over 5 ounces. Due to the curvature of the grip and a fairly large flipper tab, it has a sizable pocket profile. The anodizing on the frame side in conjunction with the dimples looks awesome in natural light. The G10 on the presentation side feels a little chalky and "low density".

All things considered, its a solid blade for the price. Probably one of the better low-cost Kizers. I think my favorite from that generation is still the Ki403A2. Very similar in size to the Ki404 but without a flipper and more of a straight grip. It seems a lot more pocket friendly than the 404. YMMV. Hope this helps some.

Thanks for the nice review! I'm not too crazy about wide, 5oz knives. I do like bigger blades, and prefer 3.75". The G-10 description is interesting, and makes sense given the pricetag. I was also anticipating hot spots, or sharp edges. I'm on the fence on this one. Thanks.:thumbup:

Back