Knife #36 - WSK Tracker

Finally finished her. Made of O1 and black canvas base micarta. !2 1/2 inch OAL, 6 1/2 inch blade. Draw knife 59 HRc, hatchet about 58 HRc.

Thanks for the look see.

RL

More pictures and specs are here: http://riflestocks.tripod.com/pics33.html

tracker1_1.jpg

tracker3_1.jpg

Razorback - Knives said:
Nice!! What type of sheath you planning on?
Scott

The sheath is being made by Jamie Briggs and will be a leather and both horizonal (Scout style) and vertical carry and have a firesteel loop. :D

Ron

Nice work Roger,is it zero ground on both sides???I think in the near furture I am going to give a zero grind a go to see if I can do it :)

Roger you are the freakin man. I want that. May just have to follow your lead and make one. ;) I'll call you when I'm ready to mill the sawteeth, no sense bothering you now when I will have forgotten what you told me by the time I need to do it. :rolleyes: You did a fantastic job on what must have been a very difficult knife.

Ron, will you post detailed pics of the sheath when it's done? I'd like to see how the carry arrangement is constructed (cause I'm gonna want to make one too). Thanks if you can. Seems like Dan Gray also made one a while back?

Thank you, all.

Nathan, no. Both edges are 20 degree second bevels.

Dave, call when ready. Get good at these. I may need help.

RL

ddavelarsen said:
Ron, will you post detailed pics of the sheath when it's done? I'd like to see how the carry arrangement is constructed (cause I'm gonna want to make one too). Thanks if you can. Seems like Dan Gray also made one a while back?

Roger I see you got the grind dowm way too buddy :D
very nice job..
sorry to hone in but since Dave asked :)

here are two I made for Trackers one I call a Tracker cover..Ver..
tracker-cover1.JPG

Hoz..
tracker2.jpg

Dan,

I sure am glad you posted those. If I didn't have Jamie Briggs as my default sheath maker I'd be seriously approuching you to do one for me. Is it okay if I send Jamie a link to this? I know he'd like seeing them.

It kinda looks like you have one front loader and one back loader(?).

RL

rlinger said:
Dan,

I sure am glad you posted those. If I didn't have Jamie Briggs as my default sheath maker I'd be seriously approuching you to do one for me. Is it okay if I send Jamie a link to this? I know he'd like seeing them.

It kinda looks like you have one front loader and one back loader(?).

RL
no problem Roger ,,,
I didn't put them on to gain work ,, I don't need any more of right now.. :(
I just wanted to show the ideas... :)
The Tracker cover pictures are the same Cover/sheath
I called it front loading because it loads from the front of the body.
the other (black horizontal ) is a modified Buck style sheath like the ones that
held the m#119 #120 but without the plastic insert and of course horizontal.

Back