Knife #37 - another Hurrican Camp Knife

This one is of O1 with thumb groves. OAL is 11 3/16 inches, blade is 6 1/4 inches, spine is 1/4 inch max..

Thanks for the look.

More pix and specs are here: http://riflestocks.tripod.com/pics34.html

campknife1_2.jpg

RL

That one should bear in camp Rodger.O1 seems like a good choice. I sure love that design. There isn't much I can say about the craftsmanship that hasn't been said before....Top Notch!

Why don't you try a smaller one like mine. It's field dressed and skinned 6 Deer now and this is one that I won't turn loose of.

"Fargin eye" Roger, that rocks. You're getting a lot of milage out of 1/4" stock, and I like it. I like the Micarta handle too, it's just right.

RokJok

Gold Member
That's sweet! IMHO a nice purely function-driven design executed very cleanly. Sized big enough to offer some leverage, small enough to carry conveniently. Way to go!!

what size is the handle? I have a similar size design that I have to get 12" x 6" micarta and cut it up. Just currious.

Nice knife!

Roger,
I really like the thumb groves, it adds a nice touch. Very nice!

Ron

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Brian, I too have been getting the 12" X 6" sheets. The handle is about 5 inches.

Myakka, I too like the thumb grooves. I once put some on a Loveless pattern and I liked it there also. One draw back is the cleanup of them after cutting stuff, like field dressing and etc.'s.

RL

elvenbladesmith07,

Thank you and all the rest very much. elven, I sent you an email.

RL