Knife #40 - the Hoodoo Voodoo Bushcraft

Hey guys, I'm really looking forward to this knife. Roger did his usual incredible job, and really surpassed my wildest dreams.

Thanks Roger! I'm really going to treasure this knife!

Just to give you a little background on this, I sent Roger a blank I cut out a looonnnng time ago but me and the grinder did not see eye to eye and I was too lazy to finish it up with files so it languished around here for several years. After seeing Roger's work close up, the thought struck me that he woud be the perfect person to finish this project for me. Well, he not only made me a new knife, he finished grinding the old blank, tapered the tang ( :eek: ) and heat treated it for me at no charge! What a super guy eh? So I'm looking forward to putting some scales on that puppy. Won't look as nice as Roger's but it should be serviceable. :cool:

The top blank in the pic is the original, mangled by me and my Grizzly grinder. The bottom is Roger's.

hoodoo_profile1.JPG

Here's some pics of AFTER. Roger cleaned up the A2 blank pretty nicely and it's going to make a dandy knife!

tt1_1.jpg

tt2_1.jpg

Thanks again Roger! Just plain awsum!

That last post was mine. Had to go scrounging around for my old password, it's been so long since I posted here. :)

Yep, that ol' Roger is certainly one of the best grinders I have seen, and one of the best hearted guys, too. We are fortunate Roger gave up the gunstock work and decided to make knives. Knowing Roger, those had to be really good stocks, but you can't make money doing gunstocks nowdays. We get filthy rich making knives, and weomen flock to us. Just ask Nick.

Back