Knife and Watch combo. Let's see them!

SQ209k5l.jpg

Definitely my kind of thread. Love to see the watches paired with knives, as my watch collection was what ultimately led to my newfound obsession with blades.

Personally, I find a lot of overlap between the two in terms of workmanship, build quality etc......and as silly as it may seem, I’ve even found myself “pairing” certain combinations based solely on aesthetics.

Still working out the kinks with taking a proper photo, but I’ll peruse this thread today to get some ideas.

Today’s carry combo is my SMP with a somewhat matching Viper Katla...
1vsc8zW.jpg

I’ve already admitted to often trying to match my knife to my watch, so I’ll share another slightly embarrassing little tidbit...

I started the day off wearing a white-dial Bremont Solo and carrying the ZT 0450....simply because the red standoffs seem to pair well with the subtle pop of red on the Bremont’s second hand. The metals actually look pretty good together too.

Now, on the other end of the fashion spectrum I knew damn well that the shoes I was wearing didn’t match my shirt. They weren’t even close. In all honesty, I’m not even sure if my shirt matched my pants.

So to put that in perspective; as long as the watch nobody ever notices matches the knife that rarely comes out of my pocket....I apparently consider myself well-dressed.

Lol...I think I’m starting to hone in on why my wife always gives me that subtle little shake of the head when we’re heading out. Perhaps I’ve got my fashion priorities a little bass akcwards?
LQXJUx0.jpg

I’ve already admitted to often trying to match my knife to my watch, so I’ll share another slightly embarrassing little tidbit...

I started the day off wearing a white-dial Bremont Solo and carrying the ZT 0450....simply because the red standoffs seem to pair well with the subtle pop of red on the Bremont’s second hand. The metals actually look pretty good together too.

Now, on the other end of the fashion spectrum I knew damn well that the shoes I was wearing didn’t match my shirt. They weren’t even close. In all honesty, I’m not even sure if my shirt matched my pants.

So to put that in perspective; as long as the watch nobody ever notices matches the knife that rarely comes out of my pocket....I apparently consider myself well-dressed.

Lol...I think I’m starting to hone in on why my wife always gives me that subtle little shake of the head when we’re heading out. Perhaps I’ve got my fashion priorities a little bass akcwards?
LQXJUx0.jpg

I think you have your fashion priorities just right!

...and that’s a really good looking watch.

LQXJUx0.jpg

Absolutely NOT!!!
I have a much harder time trying to figure out what watch to wear and what knife to carry on a daily basis.
As far as clothing goes??
I'm good as long as my underwear and socks are clean.
Nice looking Bremont BTW. I'm REALLY hoping they get an in-house calibre sometime. It would be great to see real production watchmaking to return where it basically started.

Back