Knife Book?

Anyone have a copy of Steven Dick's "The Working Folding Knife"?

Is it a good book?

I can't seem to find anything but used copies, is it out of print?

Pick up a Feb. 2006 copy of Combat Handguns. There is an ad for autographed copies in it on page 93. I have the book, and it`s pretty good. If you want to email me for the address of where to order from I `ll send you the info and cost.

John

I have it and also think it is very informative. It has plenty of pictures (black and white) and explains aspects of many different standard knife models (stockman, folding hunter, etc). It also shows several Spyderco models and talks about their characteristics as well (Pocket clip, Serrations, etc). I think anyone that enjoys learning about knives, intended blade uses and such would enjoy it.

Well that settles it, I gotta hunt one down, I have been told it has an article about 4 1/4 inch "Cattle King" Stockman?

Can anyone verify that?

LC, chapter 4 Traditional slip-joint pocket knives talks about the different patterns. There is mention of "Cattle" knives.
Scott

Thanks! I've heard that the author speaks rather highly of that pattern as sorrt of a "do it all" pocketknife.

Gotta get a copy for sure!

I would also recommend it.It would also be nice if Mr.Dick would write an updated version.

LC, most of the pics are black and white but what I liked was that you could tell the knives were used. There's a picture of a VERY and I mean very well used Case folding hunter that says if only knives could talk. Man it would be neat to hear the story of what that Case was used for.:D Our beloved Buck 110 is discussed also.;) You'll find yourself wanting some of the knives that are talked about in the book. I was hoping Mr. Dick would do a similar book about working fixed blades. Not show pieces but user knives.
Scott

Back