Knife carry now illegal in UK

Where does it say that it is illegal for anybody anywhere to carry/own a knife???

Bwahahaha! "Gee, we've banned the carry of most knives, yet there's been an increase in the number of stabbings. We need to ban ALL knives now. That will work for sure."

If it weren't for that awful Batman movie, with that monster Heath Ledger holding a knife in it, everyone in Britain would be getting along fabulously.

I didn't see anything in this article about new laws on knives being passed. The article merely states that enforcement will be stepped up.

But on a semi-related note, 85 homicides in London in a year? That's IT? Ha! We had 137 handgun murders in Washington DC in 2006. And that was the lowest in 20 years. Mind you, handguns are outright illegal to OWN in DC.
And: London's population is 7,855,600. DC's population is 588,292
Vermont, on the other hand, had 5 homicides.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Where does it say that it is illegal for anybody anywhere to carry/own a knife???

I didn't see anything in this article about new laws on knives being passed. The article merely states that enforcement will be stepped up.

In London alone, 85 people were fatally stabbed last year. The Labor government, under fire from Conservatives, puts forward a zero-tolerance policy.

ZT = "no knives for any reason."

You know what I'm thinking? They should allow EVERYONE to carry knives and/or guns. Get this:

25 years murder-free in Gun-Town USA

[/b]

ZT = "no knives for any reason."

It said that a ZT policy had been put forth (ie "suggested"). It does not say that a ZT policy had been enacted into law.

For some reason, I now have a disturbing urge to buy a Zero Tolerance knife.

baning knives will NOT make the problem go away criminals will still carry knives, gang members think it is cool to break the law and they are allready doing illegal stuff, they do not care if they are carrying a knife

baning knives will NOT make the problem go away criminals will still carry knives, gang members think it is cool to break the law and they are allready doing illegal stuff, they do not care if they are carrying a knife

That argument is null & void in politics. I'm sure you're aware of what I'm going to say, but lets just say it anyway:

Whenever someone gets stabbed with a knife, lawmakers will get votes from scared citizens by banning knives.

If votes can be had by cheap symptom control, rather than expensive cause control, why should lawmakers bother to do the right thing when they are rewarded by voters regardless?

A problem is "fixed" and at the same time a powerful motivator (fear) is established to help control the population at large. Sadly said motivator is less effective against criminals, and only helps make the individual voter more susceptible to being manipulated by criminals and lawmakers alike, who arguably has more in common than not these days. The UK excels in these kinds of things.

:barf:

Due to recent uptick in stabbings knife carry in now illegal by anyone

No it isn't.

The law is the same as it has been for twenty years.

:rolleyes:

In the UK we can legally carry whatever type of knife we want, as long as we have a non-specific 'good reason' for doing so, or require the knife for work or as part of national dress or religious requirements. This includes all fixed blades of any size and all locking folders of any size, with the specific exception of bali's and auto's.

We can carry a non locking slipjoint with a blade under 3" in length without any restriction.

Danzo

take training, have valid first aid, and an automobile extrication course, and carry whatever the hell you want as a "rescue tool"

take training, have valid first aid, and an automobile extrication course, and carry whatever the hell you want as a "rescue tool"

Good idea. I may actually take the most basic courses so I can technically be in the first aid squad or FD or something.

Back