Knife case/storage recommendations please

Hi all, I am looking for recommendations for knife storage cases. I was thinking of something with multiple individual pockets/slots that rolls up or zips up. Preferable a design that does not allow the knives or pocket clips to touch. THANKS for the input!:)

Do you want to view them, or hide them away? I have a glass case that lets me look at 20 knives at once as I glance up from my desk! But the room is very secure. Bought it from Shepard Hills Cutlery.
I had a seamstress sew up flannel rolls with pockets, and with vinyl exteriors for a dozen knives each that I can stash away. You can often find knife rolls on ebay. It's endless, the ways devised to store your knives. Spend a grand and get a stack of Gerstner(sp?) oak machinist;s drawers for truly elegant storage, or glue some felt into a cigar box.

For large fixed-blades you're limited to a zipper pouch; I doun't know of any roll-up products for fixed-blade knives. For folders, the Sack-Ups are a good choice.

Personally, I keep all of my knives in the original boxes, if available. If the knife didn't come with a box or pouch, then it's into a Sack-Up, zipper pouch, rolled in Kleenex, or knife roll case.

If you have a significant amount invested, you should consider a gun safe or some sort of locking cabinet. The worst ass-pain you can imagine is trying to find exact duplicates to replace even a small knife collection. It took me 13 years to locate duplicates for a dozen knives that were stolen once.

Best Wishes,
-Bob

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I am not looking to display my knives, rather than have them safely organized and easily accessable. I am hoping to have all the autos together, all the folders together, that kind of thing. The Sack Ups are a good suggestion. A bunch of the Sac Up 12's might be an option...

I have been thinking about the 32 pocket SpyderPac from Spyderco but it is a bit pricey at ~$50. I like a lot of the roll-ups at Smokey Mountain but they never seem to be in stock. There is also a nice roll-up from sosakonline for about $11.

They are the only way to go if you are serious about protecting, storing and transporting your knives.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Sack-Ups are good.

I keep my knives in dresser drawers. I have folded shirts between the knives and the wooden drawer bottom because I feel the shirts will wick up mositure better than the wood and will be less abressive on the knife handles.

I also have a silica gel thingy in each drawer. I got them from Cabelas. They have a little window in them so you can see the silica pellets. When they turn pink (from blue), they will stop abosrbing moisture, but you can dry them out in an oven, and do so as many times as you need, so they last forever.

I've been using several of the Sack-Ups too.

But please, don't ever store knives or guns in a fireproof safe unless they are in sealed bags with dessicant. I found out the hard way when several of my guns started rusting in a fireproof safe (the insulating material leeches out moisture into the safe.)

A standard non-fireproof safe will be just fine - you still might want to put dessicant in it also for extra protection against humidity.

waynorth said:
Where are Bill's CCs available?

BladeGallery has a bunch that you can see, or you can contact Bill directly.

They are not cheap, nor are they for people looking for the best in the low cost category.

They are simply the best case you can buy.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I bought a soft roll that I keep my knives in, at least that aren't on the desk for me to grab. Even those are sitting on a folded bandana.

Back