knife dxf files

Does anyone have any dxf or CNC files related to knives?

What I would REALLY like would be a DXF of a commercially available knife blade handle. I've made slabs (on a machine tool at work) for Green River blades and had good results. My first attempt was with the patch knife, which is a great all around utility/paring knife. I traced the handle, scanned the results, and converted the pic to a DXF (which is inaccurate). The resulting slabs were "ballpark" I guess, but took a lot of hand work to fit up. This hand work was a real pain and due to blending the plating-bare metal transition, not worth it.

numnuts007.jpg

Next, I bought a Green River blade which was made up of straight lines so I could reverse engineer it easily and just use numbers to program it. The result was nice, and after machining just required assembly which was the goal. Lots of time to get going and all, but making 10 was not much more time than making one so it was what I wanted.

Knives001.jpg

Still, it's kind of blocky and I have a few ideas which having an accurate DXF would make possible. These are commercially available blades which are sold for people to make handles for so it wouldn't be a problem I think.

Any knife related CNC or DXF files would be neat to play with.

People said I made some neat knives. I told them that, after the set-up and programming, the machine made them. And to think, 10 years ago I couldn't spell CNC.

Back