Knife Identification WANTED!!!

Could you be a cool dude or groovy chick and tell me what I got at the flea market.

THX in advance

Late 1980's Camillus Grandaddy Barlow #9 with albany advertising etch.
Delrin scales which were advertised as "brown" but have always looked "orange" to me. :D

Late 80's? I thought mine was older than that. Live and learn!

I could be wrong. But i'm pretty sure the older ones were really brown scaled.
IMHO, the orange scaled ones are the least popular to collect. The only diffence in the knives is the color of the scales.

Albany International was a long time Camillus customer. Their salesman, Mr. Lee Minicucci, would ocassionally visit the Camillus office and order knives. I originally sold Albany Felt (their original name) the model #23 knife with their company name stamped on the handle. They made large felts that were used to manufacture paper. Albany's salesmen would give the knives to the employees in the paper mills. Camillus also made knives for other felt manufacturers like the ORR FELT Co. and PORRITTS & SPENCER. Albany International also purchased the model #864 Silver Sword knife with a handle bonded onto the knife that had their company logo.

Tom Williams

Thats a nice looking Barlow, would you call this a Daddy Barlow, I really like the Camillus knives, even the plain Jane stockman knives I have are so well made- just fantastic knives.

Not trying to go OT, but I picked up an ORR FELT marked 23 at the same flea market I picked my 9 up at. Great working knives.

Back