Knife Identity

I recently received a Schrade knife as an award for 10 years of service at my job. It is a scrimshaw handled lock blade with a 3 3/4" blade. The scrimshaw is of an eagle on a cliff. The reverse side has two pinecones. I am very impressed with the quality and "feel" of this knife.

I went on the Schrade website to see if I could find any information on this knife, but I could find none. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.

* Does Schrade manufacture this knife or is it just their blade assembled elsewhere?

* What material is used for the handle?

* It this blade Schrade + stainless steel (number on handle says 125OT)?

* What is the approximate value of this knife (is this a usable knife or is it valuable enough to be shelved?)

* What is the original angle of the edge?

I am quite new to knives, but since receiving this knife, I have been "bitten by the bug" and find this hobby to be very interesting. Any other information that you could give me would be appreciated very much.

Thank you!

P.S. I just found a 99 carved on a rock under the eagle's wing.

P.P.S. This is my first posting and find this site very enjoyable. Keep up the good work!

The knife you have is certainly manufactured by Schrade here in the U.S.A. It has a Schrade+ stainless steel blade and an indestructible Delrin handle. The approximate value of the knife is $75-$100. If you e-mail your complete name and mailing address to info@schradeknives.com we will send some additional information.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Thanks Tim. I'll do that.
I made a mistake on the blade length. It's really 4 and 1/16.
I got some good pictues of this knife. Now I just have to figure out how to post them.
Thanks again Tim

Back