1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Knife in the snow

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sak_collector, Feb 1, 2011.

1. sak_collector

sak_collector

Jan 25, 2005
    This knife is a little over 7.5" OAL. The second photo shows it stuck point down in the snow and there is still about 6" more before the point would actually touch the ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. termiteslayer

termiteslayer

Dec 18, 2009
    I now live where there is almost a biblical amount of snow.
    I'm afraid to carry anything worth more than $50 because I'll likely never find it if I drop it.
    On the plus side, I now have a reason to use my Killa Zilla II (around the house, if I lose it, it'll reappear when the snow melts)... it's the best tool I have for chopping ice.

3. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    That is funny! I did the same thing earlier today.

I shoveled the back patio, then a few hours later I did this:
    [​IMG]
    I shoveled it again, and it is probably blade deep on the Military again.

We are supposed to get 20 inches in less than 24 hours...

4. Resist

Resist

Dec 14, 2008
    My turn!

[​IMG]

I never actually considered using it as a depth gauge though, haha.

5. Jesse D.L

Jesse D.L

Jul 31, 2009
    love the look of that Endura, Resist.

6. EricV

EricV

Nov 19, 2008
    mmmm, USN Endura, I'm jealous.

I dropped my blur in the snow here, luckily I noticed right away and looked for the hole. Gotta love the winter, it makes carrying an all black knife more practical when you drop it!