1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Knife makers in The Boston Area

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Greenberg Woods, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Greenberg Woods

Greenberg Woods Wood Fanatic and Rosewood Addict

Dec 27, 2013
    Hey guys, as most of you know im based in the Los Angeles Area, but my girlfriend attends MIT, and im currently planning to visit her sometime in mid September, and I was wondering if there were any knife makers who might be open to a shop visit!

Ill be bringing about 40 pounds of wood, and i learned long ago to give wood freebies and bring beer...

Let me know!

2. Ken H>

Ken H>

Dec 31, 2011
    free beer? Free wood? Don't you wish to swing by Mobile, AL for some great seafood? {g}

3. 12345678910

Jul 13, 2009
    Need photos of the wood, beer , girlfriend and seafood

4. Storm W

Storm W

Feb 19, 2019
    When sentences contain all 4 of those words its probably best not to ask for photos. Then again it's hard to look away when someone says "you gotta see a picture of this beer".

daizee, milkbaby and Ken H> like this.
  5. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  6. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    I'm about 40 minutes outside of Boston.

WValtakis likes this.
  7. Greenberg Woods

Greenberg Woods Wood Fanatic and Rosewood Addict

Dec 27, 2013
    Where are you?

8. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    West Bridgewater

9. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    im like an hour away in worcester area, worcester has a place called the worcshop and there is a few knifemakers there. my shop is just a dusty little shed but i do have a fire pit :) Bensbites is pretty much right in boston.

10. _ben

_ben

Dec 21, 2015
    JD Smith teaches bladesmithing at MassArt (or did as of a year or so ago). Great class, interesting dude. Don't know where he does his personal work out of.