Knife Person of the Century?

Was thinking about this poll and a lot of the people mentioned have already been inducted in the Cutlery Hall of Fame. Maybe the person that we choose should not already have won an award.Sort of start our own BladeForum Hall of Fame.Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Bob

As important as Scagel was, he was something of a recluse and not all that willing to share information. The fact that Bo Randall befriended him and was able to learn so much is a testament to Bo. He popularized the idea of handmade custom blades and influenced and helped hundreds if not thousands of makers. While everyone mentions Bill Moran's rediscovery of damascus he is also responsible for repopularizing the forged blade and for the American Bladesmith Society. I haven't done a scientific study but I would say about 75% of the posts on the general forum concern folders. Al Buck proved that a folder can be almost the equal of a fixed blade if you make it big enough, strong enough and put a lock on it. The 110 has to be the most copied knife design ever. Look at the better production folding knives being made today. What do you see? One hand openers, clothing clips, and serrations. Thank you Sal Glesser! These are my top four---to for fixed blades two for folders. Its kind of like buying a knife, you can't choose just one.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Back