1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Knife Pics

Discussion in 'Ban Tang's "Stupid Sharp Knives"' started by Ban, Oct 27, 2010.

1. proud2deviate

proud2deviate

Apr 5, 2004
    There's a lot of really nice looking steel in this thread. That Tigress is amazing; like a yatagan-flavored weehawk Lum-style tanto.

2. mrgreen

mrgreen

Dec 26, 2009
    I love my Outdoorsman, carry it nearly everyday. Need to get some pics of it being used. Impresses me more every time I use it. Thanks.
    Congratulations on your own forum, makes it easier to follow the unbelievable work you do.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    Nice work.

4. gomle

gomle

May 28, 2010
    I need the BT4! :eek::thumbup:

5. SAKnives

SAKnives

Jun 15, 2010
    Now those are my kind of cutlery.

6. Brennanscott

Brennanscott

Jul 8, 2010
    Fantastic stuff Ban, It's great you opened a forum here.

7. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit

Jun 9, 2010
    I have one of his busse re-dos, WOW, he is a master and oh yeah, scary sharp is an understatement...

8. cerberus

cerberus

Jul 19, 2000
    Looks awesome........congrats.

Those edges are legendary, I wish I could have had some of my blades "baned" :D

I predict you will do great here.

Cerberus

9. nevermind35

nevermind35

Aug 14, 2009
    I've seen your busse mods but never seen much of your knives. They look awesome! You don't see many glossy convex edges around the makers forums here. Great work. I especially like that mini Bowie!

10. Tiny86

Tiny86

Mar 21, 2007
    Santoku, I want one!

11. mpalmer1000

mpalmer1000

Jul 29, 2009
    That BT4 Variant is beautiful.

12. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
    Ban i'd like to see a small FB 'Utility', app. 5 1/2-7" OAL, with a blade that is not too wide, with some belly and good point for piercing. a blade that is 'stout' enough to poke around and cut most anything cuttable, but not so stout or thick to take away from being an excellent slicer as well. Slim not too bulky handle, maybe even of some nice hi end wood. topped off with a plain but really nice leather belt carry sheath.
    Is this a possibility ?
    roland

13. knife hunter

knife hunter "Die Hard Hog" Moderator & Dealer Moderator Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 5, 2007
    THey all look good man. THe Tigress, and the DIW BT4, and a matching santoku are on my wish list.

Beatiful work:thumbup:

14. adrock1978

adrock1978

May 30, 2009
    Ban, do you think you can include specs and approx prices along with your knives? Mainly the type of steel and dimensions. I'd like to definitely add a few of your blades (like the kitchen/santoku/BT4 variant) to my collection, but I wouldn't want to pester you with quotes every time something peaks my interest.

15. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    Point taken. I will work on that. Thanks for the feedback.

16. NiceGuyJer

NiceGuyJer

Oct 11, 2010
    Good looking work

17. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    Santoku
    [​IMG]

Kitchen Knife
    [​IMG]

Guys, if my wife sees these knives, I can kiss that Kimber Elite good-bye for Christmas . . :)
    Ban, these truly are a work of art, & you deserve all the alcolades everyone has given you. Great shots of some great knives.
    Be safe.

18. kingsqueak

kingsqueak

Oct 21, 2010
    I really like how you 'play' with grinds. You are doing things differently than most makers and it is showing as a trait across your blades. Some really cool ideas/concepts and great lines on the grinds overall.

A n00b question, but is there a particular type of task or trait where the chisel grind configuration (aside from chiseling) accels?

19. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    Chisel grinds typically have a smaller included angle and therefore can get ultrasharp. They are somewhat specialized because long deep cuts tends to veer towards one direction. Having said that I still like it for my smaller SD oriented knives. Ultrasharp is a big plus for me. Plus it looks cool to me. :D:thumbup:

20. JohnQTaxpayer

JohnQTaxpayer

Mar 3, 2006
    Mine too. It does it's thing so well. Made a sheath without a loop for it and it rides in a front pocket very nicely.