Knife review request: Scott Cook Knives?

GC

Does anyone have any hands on actual experience or factual knowledge of Scott Cook Knives? I believe there's a thread of one of his knives for sale in the "Knife Makers" section. It's a very good looking piece, I just ordered that Owyhee Small Hunter with the full handle (no bolsters) in Desert Ironwood and BG-42. Comments, thoughts, or experiences would be appreciated.

Just ordered my large full handled Desert Ironwood today! Something tells me we have nothing to worry about guys ;) It sure would feel good to hear somebody sing it's praises though, wouldn't it?

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and order the larger hunter ... I'll know something first-hand before too long.

rd,
I'm glad you think it's not going to be too long, it'll seem like an eternity to me. I'm the impatient sort. I ordered the small 3 inch model, but if that turns out to be all that I think it will be, I'll be following that up with a large hunter also.

I opted for the 420V for my knife. Let's see, rifle season opens the third weekend in October and Scott said a 4-6 week wait. Should be just about perfect timing :D Neither hide nor hair should stand a chance against this little beauty!

Originally posted by blademan 13
I opted for the 420V for my knife....

Hmmm I Need a blade in 420V and I always liked the looks of Scott's knives when that one was up forsale a long time ago...I'm going to have to figure out what to do! Wonder if he evers puts bolsters on his knives? Sheep horn would be great!

G2

Well I do believe he can, he was kind enough to email me a pic showing one of his knives that he place bolsters on and he used some nice looking Desert Iron wood as well! So I thought I'd share that pic here with the rest of the gang!
Enjoy!
G2

Is Scott Cook the former CRK employee?

Looks like it from the pic. I LOVE that fixed blade. Guess I need one of those too.

Mike

Originally posted by Michael_Aos
Is Scott Cook the former CRK employee?

Looks like it from the pic. I LOVE that fixed blade. Guess I need one of those too.

Mike

He be the one! Better order fast as I think he will soon be swamped with orders!

;)

G2

I agree, place your orders now. I received my ironwood hunter yesterday and I am stunned by the quality. All of the attention to detail and customer service that you have come to expect from Scott's former employer. IMHO Scott's knives will become the standard for small hunters. I intend to order more before the prices go up. By the way, the sheath is exceptional too.

Hey Gary, thanks for torturing, er..sharing the pic with us. That is one sweet piece. Wonder if he makes a neck knife?

Paul

Back