1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knife Templates

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by bas, Jan 6, 2007.

1. bas

bas

Dec 28, 2006
    Hello all. As this knife obsession slowly spirals out of control, I have now decided to have a go at making my own knife. Im looking for some knife templates that can be downloaded & printed out showing sizes,blade styles & specs etc & then used as a scaled template. I have searched the net but can't find anything.
    Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. :D

Cheers.

bas.

2. DC KNIVES

DC KNIVES

Nov 25, 2000
    I doubt if you will have much luck, as most makers don't make templates and post them for the world to use.Besides, it's just a wrong way to start. My advice is to look at as many knives as you can , get a pad of paper and a pencil and sketch some up originals. It's really not that hard.Good luck.Dave

3. bluejaunte

bluejaunte

Sep 1, 2006
  4. Frankallen

Frankallen

Mar 18, 2008
    Sorry to bring up an old Post,but I was just thinking "Wonder how many Knife Makers have copied the Loveless Design"???;)

Frank from Bama

5. chuckschilling

chuckschilling Banned BANNED

Jan 30, 2003
    Get you a French curve, a straight edge, and a protractor - and go to town! I would think that one of the most satisfying aspects of making your own knives would be in coming up with a blade design of your own, no?

6. scarysharp

scarysharp

Mar 4, 2008

www.jayfisher.com