Knife that didn’t live up to the hype.

My ultratech was junk. It broke after a month, sent it in for 2.5 months, then it broke 3 days after getting it back. When I was in the store to send it back the second time, I had a guy offer to buy it when it came back so away it went.

I’ll echo that while I like SAK’s, some of them definitely could stand to go on a diet. Even just some basic holes drilled/milled/stamped out could save some weight.

One I really don’t miss is a Benchmade Griptillian in M390. The steel actually had a little surface rust form very basic carry that I had to clean off, and the thumb studs would catch on my jeans and snap the blade open any time I took it out of my pocket. I like the mini-grip with thumb hole though.

TRM Neutron and atom. These Knives are almost always off center and have weak detents that flip open with a shake. They are also super dainty. On the plus side they are one of the sharpest production knives I've seen. The pivot is finicky and to have smooth action the knife can easily flip open with a shake.
Please reach out to our customer service for any issues. We'll definitely make it right for you. The detent isn't as strong as some folks prefer, but it should not shake out. Marianne Halpern Owner TRM

Thanks to all of you for your inputs at least I'm not the only one who thought Emerson's weren't worth the premium.

Back