Knife Throwing

Well my dad taught me how to throw knives when I was just a little kid, (around 10-12 yrs old). I didn't really ever give it that much thought, but I guess it's kinda like riding a bike. After Honor Earth's knife throwing Video, I have really gotten back into knife throwing pretty enthusiastically. I already have a set of SyperThrowers, a SOG set, and two others (a set of SZCO Heavy Throwers & a set of S&W throwers.) I originally learned how to throw from the Blade with a spin, but that limits me to one distance, ( Although I am very acurate from that distance - 10.5 feet). But now I am learning No Spin throwing from the handle. Starting to get pretty good at that method as well, and it gives me more flexibility in changing distances. I even made a target alley and 3 - 2 x 4 End Grain targets which I set-up in a spare bedroom. I even bought a set of SOG Tomahawks which are very fun to throw ( I'm getting scary good at throwing these.).
I wonder if Jerry ( Busse ) has ever made a throwing knife? I know Honor Earth can throw just about any Busse he owns, but I do know that it is not as easy as it looks to just throw any knife from the drawer ( or safe ). But I mean a knife specifically designed for throwing ( with perfect throwing balance). Buck is the only company out there that I have found that makes American made Throwers. I would really love to see Jerry come out with a designed Thrower ( or set of 3 Throwers). I'm sure they would be indestructible. I really prefer in a big way whenever buying Steel to buy American. There just aren't really any out there.
Well Jerry, How about some Throwers?
Surfsidemel

I throw a bunch of different blades and hawks....none of which are Busse. Teaching my daughter at 5 now with a set of Bobby Branton throwers. I find that Estwing products throw very well also. I love my Busse Blades....no need to throw them IMO....but the TGLB without handles would be a great one. Resized_20180613_180716_6222.jpg

Awesome Zombie,
Way to go getting the kids involved early. Great looking set-up. Also, thanks for the tip on Bobby Branton ( True Balance Knives ) throwing knives. Would still like to see Busse come out with one.
Surfsidemel

Last edited:
As soon as I got my KDSH, I went out to a tree stump in my woods and started playing around. I had never thrown a knife or hawk before. Within 30 min of trial, and filming myself with my phone, I found that I get one full rotation every 3 paces, and was reliably hitting my target at 9 and 12 paces! And I’m not exactly what we’d call “good”! Point is, I found that KDSH to be an awesome thrower and very easy to learn! I’d highly recommend it. I love this thing!

Talk with Cobalt about throwing a SHBM. I also seem to remember Garth throwing a large Busse, but I don't remember which model.

I do however wish we could see a triple thrower set in SR101 at 13.5" in length and .25" thick

Last edited:
Nice! It's awesome that your dad taught you that at such a young age. Knifes/axe throwing is good recreational fun.

I've thrown just about all my busse and swap rat knives. I'm a big fan of a few in particular. I'll post pics when I can.

My dad was in the Service from '63-'67. I'm not quite sure where he learned (I don't remember if he ever told me or not, probably in the military.). When I was a kid I really thought my Old Man was the Real Deal and all, so him teaching me to throw knives was just too cool for a little kid. Funny how now at 52 I was able to pick it back up so quickly. Like I said earlier, I guess it's kinda like riding a bike. And I know some of the more talented throwers out there can probably throw some of their Busses that most of us would think is just incredible and ridiculous at the same time. I'm still enjoying throwing designed throwers, although I did try a few No Spin throws the other day with the Game Warden that I EDC. But I won't lie I was about as close as I get to the target.
Surfsidemel

:cool:I did make some very primitive mountain man throwers in the late '70's and early 80's. :thumbsup:

They were so ugly that throwing them was a natural reaction!!!:confused::confused:o_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

I saw a few of these somewhere in the shop recently. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think we're using them for door stops or to prop something open. :confused::confused::confused:

I'll have to look around.o_O

Speaking of throwing knives, Garth is crazy skilled at this. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: He can pretty much throw anything and hit the target!:eek::eek::eek::D:thumbsup:

I, on the other hand, can't hit the Target if I'm locked inside!!!. . . and that's a pretty big department store!!:eek::eek::eek::confused:o_O:D

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D:D:D

Jerry, if you have a Forsaken Mistress you don't need to throw it; just reach out and stab with it!:D:thumbsup:

:cool:I did make some very primitive mountain man throwers in the late '70's and early 80's. :thumbsup:

They were so ugly that throwing them was a natural reaction!!!:confused::confused:o_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

I saw a few of these somewhere in the shop recently. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think we're using them for door stops or to prop something open. :confused::confused::confused:

I'll have to look around.o_O

Speaking of throwing knives, Garth is crazy skilled at this. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: He can pretty much throw anything and hit the target!:eek::eek::eek::D:thumbsup:

I, on the other hand, can't hit the Target if I'm locked inside!!!. . . and that's a pretty big department store!!:eek::eek::eek::confused:o_O:D

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D:D:D

Let’s get real though! Garth is skilled at everything. But your shooting makes up for any lack of skill you might have throwing knives though, right?

That's funny, LOL! :D

If you find them again, please post a photo! Thanks!

Back