1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knife with 15 blades?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by jaime_lion, Jul 5, 2018.

1. jaime_lion

jaime_lion

Jun 17, 2017
    Was told to post this here so I am posting it here.

So basically I was looking at my Swiss army knife and was thinking. Wouldn't it be great if instead of all the tools and such they just had knife blades. Like every tool was just the same knife blade. Then you could use the knife till all 15 blades were dull before you had to sharpen it. Does anyone know of any knives like this? Also does anyone know of a way we can contact Swiss army knife to make this knife?

Thanks

2. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    That is how they used to make them until someone thought "Hey, what if instead of 15 blades all the same, they made these with a bunch of different, useful tools?".
    I saw a documentary about it.

marcinek and jeepin like this.
  3. jimmyd1982

jimmyd1982

Mar 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Bunch of blades AND the tools!

[​IMG]

A.L., Armadew, danbot and 2 others like this.
  5. bt93

bt93 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2015
    But then you'd have to sharpen 15 blades. With just one blade you only have to sharpen 1 blade, much faster and convenient.

WinchesteRalox and Lapedog like this.
  6. jaime_lion

jaime_lion

Jun 17, 2017
    I pay someone to sharpen my knife I am way to lazy to do it myself. I think this is one of the reasons I like sticks so much. Nothing to sharpen.

7. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Crazy

8. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    It isn't difficult to sharpen up a vic, or any of the steels that come on a mt. Also, much more skill is involved to get and keep a stick sharp enough to cut things with a stick. Never mind all the other functions of a mt...

Lapedog likes this.
  9. bt93

bt93 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2015
    Why would anyone pay to sharpen a SAK? All you need is a ceramic coffee cup. I guess suckers really are born every day.

jackknife likes this.
  10. jaime_lion

jaime_lion

Jun 17, 2017
    Did I say I pay someone to sharpen my vic Swiss army knife? No I said I pay someone to sharpen my knife. The knife I have them sharpen is my Glock knife. I have not sharpened my Swiss army knife ever. The big blade is so dull it would not cut butter. The small blade is as sharp as the day it came out of the package. And yes my Swiss Army Knife did "come out" in that way. It decided to get rainbow colored sides so every other knife knows who it is looking for.

I also have a baton that I dont use as a baton anymore. It has a sex change operation and became a set of handcuffs.

Would you guys like to know any other personal information about the knife and weapons I live with?

11. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    All that and no pocket clip....what a shame....:)

n2s

danbot and Lapedog like this.
  12. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    A glock knife is fairly easy to sharpen as well. If I were you I'd invest in an in expensive double sided Norton stone, a Smith's ceramic rod, and a couple cheap kitchen knives to practice on. $40 tops. Learn to sharpen. It is a valuable skill in this hobby.

Pilsner and Lapedog like this.
  13. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Even if you’re a doofus like me who can’t truly sharpen it atleast helps if you know how to atleast touch up a blade.

14. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Boxcutter might be your thing!

15. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Do you all have to share a bathroom?

And...IBTM/L

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Then you have 15 blades that need sharpening.
    Btw isn't there always just a pair of scissors laying around anyways ?

17. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Scissors laying around everywhere you go? Not for me. That is why I carry a mt with scissors and a knife.

18. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Not for me either, but according to him he doesn't carry a knife for cutting stuff as he can always find a pair of scissors laying around to use.

19. jaime_lion

jaime_lion

Jun 17, 2017
    Or I rip open packages. I have gotten pretty good at plastic clam shell ripping.

20. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Just get a knife for cutting stuff already, it's safer and easier.