Knife with bottle opener

Sure , just about any Victrinox Swiss army knife has that . The Kershaw shuffle and shuffle 2 have an opener . The shuffle bottle opener works but it may throw you at first . It threw me a bit but I have it figured now . The Swiss army are brainless to use .

I bought this for my son this past Christmas ... It's an amazing knife . The " regular " Swiss army knives have the same openers
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/VN54875/vi

Victorinox Spartan is a fine choice!

spartan.jpg

I generally don't carry a tool that does not have a cap lifter simply because I drink a lot of bottled beer:D

I prefer the skeletool style of lifter if I have my choice in the matter. However, a good SAK will do the job as well. I really like the length of the lifter on the GEC Beer Scout. It has good leverage and makes for a nice long flat head screwdriver.

Sticking with knives like the one you mentioned, the Leatherman Crater line has a folding lifter. If you want super streamline, the Leatherman Skeletool KB is basically a folding knife with a lifter built into the pocket clip.

Most Victorinox folding knives have a cap lifter. The 91mm and 84mm knives have a cap lifter which is also a slot screwdriver and wire stripper. The 111mm knives have a liner locking version of this tool which is also a sturdy pry bar.

show_image.php

Some 84mm knives have a combo tool which is a combination cap lifter/can opener/slot screw driver/wire stripper.

show_image.php

Some 58mm knives have a combo tool which is a combination cap lifter/Phillips screwdriver/wire stripper.

show_image.php

The double-hinged cork extractor on Victorinox's Wine Master is also a cap lifter.

victorinox_wine_master_0_9701_63__d1.jpg

Victorinox has hundreds of folding knives in production. Download their SAK catalog and see what appeals to you. Their 2018 catalog hasn't been published, but you can download the 2017 catalog here:

https://assets.victorinox.com/media...DkzYzMzMjc2ZmFiYzI0ZjVkZjhiNDIxMzQwMmIwNDQ3ZQ

Last edited:
Not expensive knives or even that great of steel, but Kershaw makes a few decent "guy who drinks a lot of bottle beers" knives. Kershaw Shuffle, Kershaw Shuffle II, Kershaw Pub, Kershaw Cinder and you also have Kershaw PT-1 and PT-2 (pocket prybar tools without a knife edge).

Definitely a Victorinox. I carry a Tinker in my pocket all the time. Lots of other models to choose from depending on what tools, etc. you like/need. Inexpensive all and sharpen up easily when needed. If you are looking for knife with only a blade and can/bottle opener, I'd suggest the Vic Bantam. Can never go wrong with the Vic.
Rich

Last edited:
I call my Blackhawk! Hawkpoint my tactical churchkey. It's my knife of choice when micro-brews are involved.

For handy and pretty cost efficient, you can't beat a Vic SAK. Many models will have a cap lifter and they are quite easy to open and use. For total simplicity, you can get the Bantam; thin and you still get a pretty usable sized cutting blade. Something larger, go with the 111mm Vic size which I like a lot. You don't need to spend $175.

Any one know of a good folding knife with a bottle opener kinda like this one?https://www.knifecenter.com/item/EX...l-272-black-plain-n690-blade-aluminum-handles

I have that knife and it is quite nice. Although it came with an obtuse edge and the liner that locks the bottle opener in the open position has gone so far over it is bending the washer which is shared between the blade and bottle opener. This creates no problem though but if you are anal about that stuff be aware about it if considering this Extrema Ratio knife.

The style of this Extrema Ratio knife is that of an overbuilt Swiss army knife. So if you want a folder in this style I would look at those style of knives. If you don’t mind a fixed blade there is the Tops Bartender Defender and Defender XL

TOPS-bartender-defender-neck-knife-bottle-opener-7v2.jpg

If I am guessing correctly you are looking for a locking knife that has a bottle opener. I will make a kind of unique suggestion depending on what size blade you want. Waved Spyderco Endura or Delica are excellent for opening bottles. The wave used by Spyderco is the best wave version I have found for opening bottles. I own both and they are amazing knives. I cannot recommend them enough. Also you get the bottle opener that also can be used to wave the knife open all without adding a second tool or layer as on Swiss Army knife style knives.

SbRxG7w.jpg

The flip over can opener/ caplifter could only work on a locking blade. Victorinox makes a single blade combination C/L//C/O that is sported by the Waiter among others.BFB847DA-16B4-4CCA-B42E-31B821897E84.jpeg

Smatchet ... that way you can open the bottles or the keg when your buddies break your tapper ...

Rough Rider also makes a model like the above Case; also a four bladed stockman (fourth blade is the can opener/screw driver).
Rich

Back