Knifemaker Blues...

Why not just stop taking orders? Get an idea of how many are interested in a batch of knives off your forum then make up some plus or minus and put them up first come first serve???

Sucks to be last....LOL

:D

Dan

Shazam.jpg

:D

I am waiting too for the Gen 3 (note my addicted thread below!).

Am psyched for you to release that - but I have my Gen 2 - so life is okay.

I wonder if you should put a time limit on how long you wait for their reply before you sell it off. Contact them all - wait 90 days - then sell them. Lord knows you could.

TF

I did get your check today, Steve. I would have remembered had we posted in the Bushmaster thread. Lots going on upstairs...

mban1154l.jpg

:eek:

:foot:

Why not just stop taking orders? Get an idea of how many are interested in a batch of knives off your forum then make up some plus or minus and put them up first come first serve???

I'm actually not taking new orders already...

But that will change when the new Order Tracker goes live.

Which is why I have tremendous incentive to finish up as many existing orders as I can right now.

I don't really want a backlog. If I do take a "long term" order....one-off custom, etc....it will only be with someone who knows upfront that the wait will be significant. Otherwise, I'd like the order process to be "click-buy-receive" (within a few weeks, of course).

I wish that was the first 17 Survivors.

You know I always like to pay up front so I know I have the money to spend. I'd rather be honest and poor. By the way, I've never been burned paying up front; although, a few have wondered about my sanity.

Jim K

My family has its own small businesses Dan, so I understand. That's why I paid up front!

Sucks to hear that Dan. Hopefully it will sort itself out in fairly short order.

I know one thing, I REALLY regret not paying in full for my Survivor back when the canadian dollar was stronger. Nothing like a 20% price hike. :p :(

Man...I'm sitting on about $2k worth of finished knives...and nobody is replying back to settle up final payment.

Feel free to email me and ask "Where's my knife?"Dan

If you need full payment on the survivor just let me know, I'd be happy to provide the balance. I pp'd you the deposit awhile ago, and I'd be glad to help out and send you the rest if you are getting close to finishing up the batch.

You going to invent the second industrial revolution? :eek:

I can hear it now, "You can have any color Micarta handle, so long as it's black..." ;)

Will the EDC's be produced under the new system? :cool:

Thanks guys - I don't need payment upfront....that actually makes it "less rewarding" come finish-up time. Just payment once they're done - works out great that way.

Rotte - No; Hmmm; Yes

;)

Dan

I'm sure it cuts both ways if you're in the game long enough - buyers and makers who wait forever for something to happen on the other end.

Yep....and it only takes a few readings through the GB&U forum to realize how quickly things can go south....:(

Glad I have you guys to keep me straight. :D

Dan

I have the opposite problem. I am waiting for the next bushcraft run so I can PAY you:D Hope you get the bottleneck solved and some X-Mas money in the bank.

I'm waiting on 4 orders of yours myself.

Before you get inventory heavy don't forget the economy is in tank for the next 1-2-3-4-5-10? years.
Seems like everybody is buying gun$ right now.......

I'm pretty sure my knife is not done yet...:( Oh well just gives me something to look forward to:thumbup:

yep....the time will come...patience will pay off. :thumbup:

Dan

Back