Knives and Christmas trees

I know that most of you knuts want knives under your Christmas trees this year but how many of you actually hang knives on your trees as ornaments? I don't mean full size (although, that might work) knives but miniatures. It seems to me that if you really are a knifeknut then you should have a knife hanging on your tree.

Here is a link to a couple of scans of some of the homemade Christmas tree ornaments that Phillip and I have made over the past couple of years. You will notice that we made a miniature knife to hang on the tree. The knife was the first of this growing collection. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=126319&a=4982600

------------------
Barry
Jones Knives
"NEW Knives"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=126319&a=5922856
"For DUTY and HUMANITY!"
Curly, Moe, & Larry

Awesome Barry! You and your brother have made a really nice collection of ornaments. I especially like the knife.

I carved 17 small bird ornaments for family and friends a couple of years ago from Holly and Zebrawood. Although I discovered a semi-production mode of manufacturing these, it still got fairly tedious after a while (about 3 hours total time/bird = several weeks of my play time). I didn't even get to keep one, because I gave them all away. Maybe next week (I'm off all week) I will be inspired enough to make some new Christmas ornaments for next year. No more last minute Christmas carvings for me.

Thanks for sharing. Your ornaments (and your knives) are great!
smile.gif

Paracelsus

Knives as ornaments??

Hmmmmm, I like it!!!

Now this definately one topic where weight should be concern.
wink.gif

Everyday I'm getting new ideas around here!!!
smile.gif

--The Raptor--

Barry- that whole collection is very cool! Nice work. Para- do you have any pictures you could post? I'd be interested to see some of your art.

[This message has been edited by richard rosvall (edited 12-23-2000).]

Barry what kind of ornaments would you recommend for a former Franklin County resident

Back