Knives and Coffee

53743587624_0918c4ec61_o.jpg

You seem to have a variety of Penguins. Which versions do you have? And how do you like them?

In terms of decently priced knives, I really like them. Love the blade shape, and they tend to be $150 or less, even with good steel and Ti scales. I have all three sizes, but like the standard size best. The Mini is just a bit too small so the proportions make the knife look off. The bigger one is good, but at 3.5" blade length I like the standard size more these days. Kaviso, Traditional Pocket Knives and others also have decently priced exclusive editions. The latest from Traditional Pocket Knives is jigged Ti, button lock with S90V blade steel for $165.

In terms of decently priced knives, I really like them. Love the blade shape, and they tend to be $150 or less, even with good steel and Ti scales. I have all three sizes, but like the standard size best. The Mini is just a bit too small so the proportions make the knife look off. The bigger one is good, but at 3.5" blade length I like the standard size more these days. Kaviso, Traditional Pocket Knives and others also have decently priced exclusive editions. The latest from Traditional Pocket Knives is jigged Ti, button lock with S90V blade steel for $165.
Thanks for the info! I’ve had my eye on both the TPK jigged Ti one and the Kaviso Mokuti one for a while. Agree with you on the blade shape. I’d like to get more wharnies in my collection; they suit my taste and uses best.

Back