Knives I wish Buck Would Offer as Autos

As thin as those models are it would be fairly delicate internal parts involved. I have a couple of autos and they are cool but in practical use they really aren’t an advantage. The bearing flippers are just as fast or more and they are safer. For a disability or loss of a hand is where I can see the desirability or necessity for a automatic.

I would like to see a return of the 295 Tempest, S30V steel and with a better locking mechanism so the blade can't possibly fold back on you.

I would like to see a return of the 295 Tempest, S30V steel and with a better locking mechanism so the blade can't possibly fold back on you.
too each their own, but some things should stay dead.....😁
book3.jpg

They still have some engineering courses that might help with some of the design limitations we are seeing here. Lol. There’s a reason why they haven’t built any yet. Lol. Sounds cool anyway.

I have an OTF knife and it is not of the expectations and all it is cracked -up. to be. You can, t expect the blade to come out and go through cardboard or even skin. It has enough power to lock in place but if you try to stab something and fire it holding it against something, the blade will retract. and may not lock in place.

if you try to stab something and fire it holding it against something, the blade will retract. and may not lock in place.
I'm not sure, but, believe that this is a desirable feature of an OTF. Here's a link to an explanation of OTF, single and double action.

I have an OTF knife and it is not of the expectations and all it is cracked -up. to be. You can, t expect the blade to come out and go through cardboard or even skin. It has enough power to lock in place but if you try to stab something and fire it holding it against something, the blade will retract. and may not lock in place.
it's not supposed to do that. its set up as a safety feature. it's for effective opening and closing..not for using to launch into something. a single action otf doesn't have this safety feature, but the spring still only has the push it has....and they also won't do that well, and aren't designed to do that either.

I'm not sure, but, believe that this is a desirable feature of an OTF. Here's a link to an explanation of OTF, single and double action.
The keyboard artist at Quora is a self appointed guru with self created information in the place of science and facts.:poop:

There are reasons you are not going to buy this kind of knife:

There is the issue of legality. In most (maybe all countries but I'm not sure) The Spetsnaz Ballistic Knife may be what you are looking for but good luck finding one outside of a Russian Spetsnaz unit.

There is also the basic law of physics regard action and reaction. You may choose to fire a rhino or elephant express rifle out of curiosity once, but very few people do it a second time unless their purpose is actually hunting such game. A OTF that you could place flat on a human body and expect the blade to deeply penetrate through the actions of the spring mechanism might also break your wrist in doin so. I would guess (again I don't know) it would also be a very large device. :rolleyes:

A 55 auto would be pretty cool, but a 505 knight auto would be even cooler because It would be California legal.
If they did a 55 auto in 420HC, I'd get one and probably carry it anyway because that extra 1/4" would never come into question for me.

Back