Knives shipping out!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
...going to the Post Office!

022-6.jpg

Save the tube you get your steel shipped in, often times with one knife it is cheaper to ship priority than flat rate. I just shipped a dagger with $150 insurance, delivery confirmation, priority for $13. Flat rate was $15 something without insurance. I just took some osb and cut circles to fit the ends and used wire nails to hold them in. It might be worthwhile for you to look into.

-Xander

Save the tube you get your steel shipped in, often times with one knife it is cheaper to ship priority than flat rate. I just shipped a dagger with $150 insurance, delivery confirmation, priority for $13. Flat rate was $15 something without insurance. I just took some osb and cut circles to fit the ends and used wire nails to hold them in. It might be worthwhile for you to look into.

-Xander

That is a great idea, I sometimes ship them that way and it is cheaper even with priority. I'm saving the new tube to ship my swords off for heat treat soon! I plan on making a PVC rack to hold my steel in, for now I use the tubes...

The usps web site has some triangular boxes I want to try, I hear they are cheap.

I'm so used to getting these FRB's from when I shipped rocks out, I can fit 40 pounds in one, lol I had to use a dolly to take the boxes in. The knives are much better!

Soooo.....was one of those boxes heading to Tennessee? I hope I hope I hope

Back