Knives you couldn't live without?

I'm always interested in hearing what knives people couldn't live without. And what makes those knives a must to have for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CQC7 and my Spyderco P'kal. Since I bought my Chris Reeves I can't live without those now.

If I honestly could only have one knife that I had for the rest of my life it would probably be that gery CQC7. It just is such a tough rugged tool, while I have it I never feel lacking.

I've seen so many good reviews and positive thoughts on the CQC7. I've always thought about getting one. I've just never pulled the trigger.

Victorinox sd. Not my favorite knife but has proven to be the handiest through the years. Its always on my keychain and every tool on it have helped me in a pinch.
Other then that i always have a pm2 in the collection.

Most people's tastes evolve over time. There are some knives I felt like I NEED THAT, and now I could live without. There are other knives though that hold a special place in your heart and you know you wouldn't want to be without.

These are often not the 1000$ grail knife that you felt you couldn't last another day without. It probably will be the knife you carry and use every day. Your swiss army knife or your EDC. Maybe your big chopper if you spend alot of time in the woods or your little La Griffe which makes you feel safer to have.

I'm looking at what I have and the M390 Ritter might be my "if I can only have one knife" knife. I do love the Neon too.

I'd say for me it would have to be either my PM2 or 940. If I could only have one it would be the 940 by just a small percentage.

CQC-7B and the Mission MPF Ti. Rock solid folder designs and the MPF is ALL Titanium and will never rust.
rolf

Well I don't use it as a knife, but my leatherman fuse fits the bill, and For what I see as an actual knife it would have to be any Victorinox with a toothpick and tweezers, which would currently be my vic recruit and vic classic.

I was looking through my collection this morning and realized that even though I love my BM Griptilian and US made Kershaw Zing I would part with them both before my BM 531 and CRKT Prowler. Ask me next week and you might get a different answer.

I LOVE having a knife made by a friend, for YOU, there for, I have 3 customs that I can't live with out. One of the things that I LOVE most about our hobby, is the friends I have made. You will have a great time,and make friends on this wonderful adventure.

Knives for food preparation, in particular a gyuto, paring and chef's knife.

You stole my answer.

"My kitchen knives".

I'm not really that attached to any specific brand/model of knife for most things.

But if all of a sudden one day I didn't have a kitchen knife, I'd be very sad (and hungry).

Back