Knives you gifted or received for Christmas.

Received these, Mr. Blade Pike:

c8yZqou.jpg

Brutalica Lucky Cut:

vNlFApk.jpg

I got Peace Maker III from S Smiling :)

https://pasteboard.co/JGBbb5u.jpg

For some reason I really wanted that knife despite the fact I dislike everything about it, from it's looks to grind to materials.

But this is exactly what I needed.
A cheap but reliable stainless steel knife I can just toss somewhere and forget about until I need it.

I also appreciate how it can be put in sheath both ways (I am left handed), and how the sheath clip can be reversed.
Handle is comfortable, blade is very light and very thin, it's not a heavy knife, it's a backup knife.

I got him high powered laser though.

My Son-in-Law is getting a Gerber MP600 from my wife and I. My daughter has one in her car and he likes hers so this is a safe bet as a gift.

I received a knife/flashlight combo from a friend. The knife is a SAK clone that will probably go in a tool bag. The flashlight looks to be of decent quality for a budget light. It uses AA batteries which is always a good thing.

Last edited:
I ordered a knife from Phillip Patton for a very close friend. After some USPS drama I got it this AM. It's a camp knife and I'm sure it will get used.

medium800.jpg

Merry Christmas
I understand about the struggle with the USPS. The knife and other items I sent from GA to TX on 12 December have still not arrived. Irritating to say the least.

Merry late Christmas all! I've gifted A mini grip to my one brother and a Pm2 to my other brother, in past years. I got all my brothers smiths stones this year so they can learn to freehand. (this is also an excuse so I don't have to sharpen their blades as often.):D This year for Christmas I was gifted a Nalpak pelican 1450!!! Worlds best mom. Its clean and professional looking, I'll try to get pics up later. My younger brother also is gifting me a mini copperlock in curly maple that is stuck in the mail somewhere. Very generous of both of them. Some of the coolest knife related gifts I've gotten to date. Last year my middle brother got me a case russlock in worn green bone. I'm very luck to have such a generous family. :):):)

I had a friend give me an unexpected gift. He have me a bourbon barrel from Kentucky AND a matching cigar ash tray he hand made from another bourbon barrel. Very cool. (Yeah..I consume quite a bit of bourbon & cigars). I happened to have a BNIB PM2 S110V so I wrapped that up right quick and gave it to him

I have another good friend who loves bulldogs-he owns 3. I gave him a Spyderco Pochi and he loved it.

Was gonna finally get myself an Umnumzaan but my name got pulled from a dealer list for a Colt Python so yeah the ‘Zaan will have to wait!

all in all a great Christmas and hope you all had the same

Agreed to not get each other anything this year, my wife went out and still got me a $150 eGift card for bladehq, so now I'm shopping, narrowing down the options...

I hope you got her something too :D
No... typically every year we agree to not get eachother anything, then she gets me a hoodie, some cool socks, maybe a knife or 2, and I do the same surprising her with something above and beyond, (and if we're keeping score she's only won Christmas once before this year :) ), but this year we talked it over thuroughly, and "we were serious this year!" Since we need a new stand up freezer, I just spent over $3000 on my truck, (complete new suspension, water pump, fan clutch, and full exhaust; headers all the way back), and we went above and beyond for the kiddos; gaming cpu components for the oldest, and state of the art nerf guns and new switch games for the youngest, plus a new refurb'd laptop just in case his school would decide to go virtual at any point, now he's set. Plus I had gotten her a bunch of random gifts throughout the summer, incl. 1 which was just shy of a grand; so she insisted again and again, not to surprise her with anything this year... so, for the 1st time in over a decade, I actually listened, and didn't get her anything...
and so yesterday after the youngest opened all his Santa gifts, she tells me to check my email :mad:

Our 11th Christmas together, the score is now 9-2...
Next up, Valentine's day!
Muahahahaha

Last edited:
I told her too, facetiously, had it been for knifeworks, I'd have used it towards a Hogue Ritter, easy peasy, that store in the Smokey Mountains, their exclusive Hogue Deka w/ red, white, and blue scales, no problem, but because it's bladehq, I had nothing specific on my radar at the moment from them, so now I gotta shop... lol

Last edited:
Gave my son a 1980 Queen 4225 Rawhide Series NOS.
Gave his fencing business partner an Owl Head Congress with one blade marked Solingen. F&F not so good, so likely Chinese. Just a user on the job.

I’ve wanted the satin Para 2 tanto since I’d seen pics / videos of it a year ago. I got on BladeHQ’s website the minute they were released. Tried to add one to my cart, but their website was running really slow and eventually kicked me out before I got to the cart. Got back on and added one to the cart again. When it finally got to the cart there were 2 in it. I didn’t want to miss out on it and figured to adjust the cart would take too long, so decided to buy both of them (figured I wouldn’t have a problem reselling one of them). I had them sent to my parents house and told my mom that she could wrap them up for me.

When I got to my parents house for Christmas I was talking to my dad and he had finally lost a Spyderco Ladybug that I had givin him several years ago. I was thinking about my collection and decided I would give him my Benchmade Nakamura (he was looking for something that was not that big). When I unwrapped the Para 2, he wanted to look at it and “see how it felt in his pocket”. Needless to say he liked it and I gave him the extra one. He has already cut himself with it...so it is officially his.

I also got my girlfriends dad a CRKT Piet.

E1153B69-C4FF-4426-8DB1-20C01E263E49.jpeg

Back