Know Anything about Fence Pliers?

My son is going to Iraq and I want to make sure he has good gear. The fine people at BladeForums have given me great recommendations on two of his favorite pieces of equipment: a Mini-grip and a Leatherman Charge. For something a little more substantial, I was thinking of fence pliers. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions from military,ranching or other people that use them. Thanks.

I've used a few different fence tools, and I have to say that they are not created equal. Some like to cut, hammer and pull, and some do not, my recommendation would be to buy a few, and put them though their paces, and see which ones not only stand up, but which ones like to work. best one I ever saw belonged to my grandpa, and instead of the tiny little flat spot for hammering, it had a full hardened hammer face. hope this helps, there is nothing worse than a crappy fence tool when you need to use it.

I used to use a pair by Crescent. High quality, reasonable price. You might be able to find a good Chinese pair at Harbor Freight, or similar. But it's luck of the draw. And the difference in price isn't all that restrictive.

Moore Maker makes a great pair, a little pricey, but well worth it.
Bought two pair, cause I lost one... well it was my own fault.

Peter

The Moore Maker looks nice, especially the smaller one. I think I'm going to go with a Channellock Model 85. Every Channellock product I've ever had has been a very reliable tool.