Koa. That is all...

Koa is one of my favorite tonewoods for accoustic guitars - I have a pair of Taylors (6 & 12 string) in Tasmanian Blackwood, which is a relative of Koa. Very glad to see this species on CRK's.

Jeeeesse ......Lone Wolf... the cycle and the table too! Congrats!! Ditto on the Koa Guitars too OM!

1vuKxMP.jpg

hpA4oUu.jpg

I picked up this little gem down in Atlanta.

Might have known you would have the Holy Trinity of Koa ... beautiful ...

I love my Koa Taylor guitar also ... not only gorgeous but has a beautiful full tone to it :thumbsup: ... now I just have to save to get a custom McPherson in Koa

I’ve got a beautiful LH Mnandi in Koa with Raindrop Damascus. They are amazing for sure. The tones the wood takes on and the way it refracts light are crazy. Not sure if I’ll be keeping it though, can’t get used to the LH.

Might have known you would have the Holy Trinity of Koa ... beautiful ...

I love my Koa Taylor guitar also ... not only gorgeous but has a beautiful full tone to it :thumbsup: ... now I just have to save to get a custom McPherson in Koa

Bob Taylor began to reforest over 500 acres of grazed land on the Big Island. The Koa could be harvestable in 30 years; volcanos permitting.

What did you use to finish the Koa? It sure made it come to life!!!

bart1, It's stabilized and I think Ryan used a white buffing compound. I can ask him if you want. Ed Caffrey talked about using TruOil.

Sure is a night and day difference in the before and after!!! I would think it would have to be stabilized to buff to that gloss!! 3D stuff indeed! Thanks, Bart

Resurrecting this thread since I just found it. I was lucky enough to get a Koa Mnandi at Blade this year. My first year going to Blade and it did not disappoint. I will second what gastonian and medic said about the grain though. It seems to almost shimmer as you move it back and forth in the light, and most pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. This is the first knife I have ever owned that I am struggling to decide if I should carry it or not. It has only been out of the box to be fondled a couple of times since Blade.

4079BD1B-2883-48A4-BD00-813934C94542.jpeg 7DB2762D-26BF-4271-853A-3812FDA9EC4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, it is really nice, and one of the few safe queens I have. I just got a user "P" to EDC. Can't wait to see how ATS34 performs. Bart

Back