Koenig arius

yes or no?

I am looking at the standard variant all stonewashed.

I’m interested to hear thoughts about the knife!

Thanks

I handled one for a short time in carbonfiber. It's nice but not really my blade style. Definitely not a grail for me. But never heard anything bad about them. People praise the arias. If it's your type of knife get it.
It has a nice action and good milling. I'm more into say the Holt blade works knives than the koenig knives.

I recently picked up an Arius. Before that knife, i felt the golden standard was Reate for production knives. I don't know if the Arius is considered production/midtech, but it is now my new golden standard. I say buy it

yes or no?

I am looking at the standard variant all stonewashed.

I’m interested to hear thoughts about the knife!

Thanks

Are you looking at that variant due to it being the most affordable? Or because you like it the best?
If the answer is A. : Don't, save a bit more and get a version you'll really like. I know I'd feel a bit "Meh. I should have waited, spend a bit more and have a knife I love rather than a knife I like."
If the answer is B. : Sure, go for it.
It's one of those knives that are technically great by all accounts, it's more a matter of liking the lock type and blade shape and if your hand works with the ergos.

I had a standard stonewashed version (without internal milling) for awhile but ultimately sold it when thinning my collection out. It was honestly perfectly made in nearly every aspect (the edge had a pretty huge burr from Koenig) and was very comfortable in hand, but I've just lost interest in overbuilt stonewashed all ti flippers. It's certainly a top representative of this category if that's what you're looking for though, so it's worth a try!

Reactions: Mo2
Although the starting price is around $500, the Arius offers a lot for the price. In action, fit & finish, quality of materials, and especially service, the Arius holds its own against much more expensive knives. It’s also pretty large and thus isn’t for everyone. But if the size and price work for you, the Arius is hard to beat.

Mine has a carbon fiber show scale and lightening pockets, so its weight is only 4.2 ounces. It’s about as big in the pocket as a PM2. Even though it’s larger than the knives I usually carry, it’s too nice not to like.

Here it is next to a Boos Blades Smoke, which has a blade of similar length but takes up much less space overall. With a flipper and a blade hole, both knives are entertaining to open & close incessantly and by various techniques.

The Arius feels to me like a Shirogorov with a taller blade, which is saying a lot.

eocyxVh.jpg

Last edited:
If you like it and the knife speaks to yo then get it. I don’t think quality construction is going to be any kind of issue with an Arius.

Personally it is not the knife for me but if the design is calling to you then go for it.

I got one about 2 and a half months ago and loved it, but noticed the stone washing was not so great. Some of it looked like scratches to me instead of nice stonewash. So, contact Koenig and they were kind enough to say ship it in and they would fix it. I thought that was outstanding service. Now, I wish I could tell you how it looks but it is approaching 3 months and still have not got it back. Not complaining as I know they are small operation and they have to make a living. But I miss my knife for sure. Can’t wait to get it back someday and show it off.

I say unequivocally that you should grab one if you like the style. That wide blade is not for everyone, but I like it!

I got one about 2 and a half months ago and loved it, but noticed the stone washing was not so great. Some of it looked like scratches to me instead of nice stonewash. So, contact Koenig and they were kind enough to say ship it in and they would fix it. I thought that was outstanding service. Now, I wish I could tell you how it looks but it is approaching 3 months and still have not got it back. Not complaining as I know they are small operation and they have to make a living. But I miss my knife for sure. Can’t wait to get it back someday and show it off.

I say unequivocally that you should grab one if you like the style. That wide blade is not for everyone, but I like it!

I’ve only heard outstanding things regarding service from Koenig, and my personal queries were always answered promptly, including from Bill himself.

Sorry to hear about your delay. I perceive they’ve been uniquely busy between Blade Show and getting the new Mini Goblin out.

I’ve only had my Arius a short time, and it continues to grow on me.

Love, love, love my Arius. It is a big knife, just about perfect for me. Can't speak to the quality of the stonewash, as mine is DLC blade and cerakote frame. Action is perfect. What my ZTs wish they could be. If your on board with the size, I think you'd love it.
ollHZcQ.jpg

I love this knife. I've sold my Gen 1, the Millit version can't hold a candle to the Gen 2. I'm selling my Blade 2017 Gen 2 below, with the intention of grabbing a Gen 2 update in CF sometime soon. People have called it the American Shiro, I really can't disagree much. Finish quality can vary depending on who does it. A lot of work is done by Fanatic Edge, who has fans and detractors. Bill is an amazing guy, and will stand up for his product regardless if you're the first or fifth owner. You can't go wrong.

arius-6514.jpg

I love this knife. I've sold my Gen 1, the Millit version can't hold a candle to the Gen 2. I'm selling my Blade 2017 Gen 2 below, with the intention of grabbing a Gen 2 update in CF sometime soon. People have called it the American Shiro, I really can't disagree much. Finish quality can vary depending on who does it. A lot of work is done by Fanatic Edge, who has fans and detractors. Bill is an amazing guy, and will stand up for his product regardless if you're the first or fifth owner. You can't go wrong.

arius-6514.jpg
He has detractors cause he rushes through things and does wrong angles and some ugly stuff like clip art and work that looks like a 4th grader does it. But yea. Had to re sharpen my knife after I got it back and quite alot of other people had too also. Foggy/scratchy mirror edges, botched tantos, re curves and compound grind edges.

The value of your knife decreases if he's had it because of the issues. He started sharpening two weeks after getting a wicked edge. Who does that lol. Suffice it to say he hasn't really learned how to use it before starting a business. And learning on others knives is bad taste too.

Last edited:
Back