Korambit

My question... are you looking for something to carry/use or something to collect?

If you want a good carry karambit:
Richard Derespina, RDT on this forum, makes great karambits. The Model 10 (which can be hard to come by these days, check the Knife Exchange on here from time to time) is rather affordable and happens to be IMHO one of the best designed karambits out there.

When his deal with Fox Knives is fulfilled there will be several other affordable production karambits with his interesting and functional karambit designs.

I was looking for something to use/carry. I looked up some of Mr. Derespina's work on line. It's beautiful and I'd love to have one but the cheapest I could find was around 300 bucks. That's a little more than my poor carpenter's salary can do. Any ideas when his designs from Fox will be available?

His Model 10 is out of production but you can usually find them for around $90. I'm not sure when his Fox line will be out. There are some already out, made with XL handles.

Rich's Kerambits are good, but, far from traditional, but would you know what traditional styling is? That would help you in your search. Kris cutlery has excellent affordable models very close to original FYI.

Rich's Kerambits are good, but, far from traditional, but would you know what traditional styling is? That would help you in your search. Kris cutlery has excellent affordable models very close to original FYI.

I knew about Kris Cutlery but theirs were a bit large for daily carry. I e-mailed Cecil and he said he's see about adding one with a 3.5 inch blade next year. I hope he does it.

Another nice point about the Model 10 is that an aluminum trainer can be had for cheap. If you have never spent any time with a karambit get a trainer, your fingers will thank you.

I got the trainer for my M-10.I can do all kinds of cool spins with the trainer.I just don't have the nerve to do it with the live blade.Another vote for the M-10.Very solid piece.

Cold Steel makes a Kerabit they call the Steel Tiger, and despite personal "issues", I have to admit it's VERY nice.

Moteng has 'em listed at $89 in my catalog.

CRR, have you checked out Valiant Trading Company? Most of their stuff is quite traditional looking, and I'm pretty sure they had a small kerambit in the Philippines section of their site.

Edit: They're actually in the Sumatra section.

KerambitMini2.JPG

Last edited:
I have the Mini-Kerambit from Valiant Co. I like it. I feel as though it comes ready to go, could use a kydex sheath.

Joe S.

I have the Mini-Kerambit from Valiant Co. I like it. I feel as though it comes ready to go, could use a kydex sheath.

Good to hear some positive feedback on the mini. I hope to get one myself when Suwandi gets back to business.

Back