Koster Knives Bushcraft Knife - list now open

Blanks have been sent off for heat-treat. Email sent to the first 40 on the list. :thumbup:

Dan

The first 40 knives are in heat-treat right now. I'll keep you guys posted on progress. Thanks!

Dan

Mark,

Did you tweek the design a little bit? The knife in picture you have in the first post looks different somehow. I like it.

Yes - just a few minor changes. Here's a list:

Point is more like a drop point, less like a spear point...but still rather pointy. There's just a bit more belly to the blade.

The handle front is slightly different...more in the up-close details.

The back of the handle is "pointier" like the MUCK design.

The guard is smaller, allowing your hand to get closer to the edge. This, coupled with the extra length in the butt of the handle make it nicer for extra-large hands (more like the BushMaster). This also allowed me to move the lanyard tube closer to the butt, moving it out of the way of the hand.

The jimping on the spine is shorter and moved forward - more comfortable, yet can still use it to strike a firesteel.

The handle contouring is the same, the overall size/length/thickness/weight is the same. And it fits in the same leather sheaths. Like I said, minor design tweaks.

I have pictures comparing the two designs and will post a full write-up later.

Thanks for asking!

Dan

Last edited:
Dan, I just saw the pictures of the new Bushcraft pattern and have to say it looks incredibly nice. I think the changes you made to the previous version are very clever. Do you plan on doing a run in 0.100", maybe 12c27 or 1095 ? I would be in for one.

Thanks!
Yes, I do plan on a future run in 12c27 - it's still my favorite stainless steel for bushcrafting.

Dan

That's good news! Hope it will be 0.100" - that thickness is so nice to prepare food in the camp with, yet does all the other tasks as well. I love my 0.100" 1095 woodlore you made.

Yes, indeed!
For that very reason. ;)
Dan

Sweet! My name is coming up! Looking very forward to this one!! I will try and arrange advanced payment as I dont want to miss this.

all the "rush" orders were shipped out already - I just have trays of blanks waiting for glue-up. We I get them laid out, I'll snap a couple pics. Thanks!

Dan

I've started getting the next 10 ready for glue-up. If that means you, expect an email in the next day or two. :thumbup:

Here's a teaser pic:

BushcraftGlueUp012113.jpg

Any update on what is happening with the Bushmaster? The knives look amazing. You've been busy since going full time as a knife maker!

I see ORANGE peeking through!!!

DD

:D :D

Speaking of blanks... do you have one for sale?

lightleak

I don't have any extras available right now, but you can put in an order for one without handles. Just add a note with your order.

Any update on what is happening with the Bushmaster? The knives look amazing. You've been busy since going full time as a knife maker!

I'm waiting for the blade blanks to arrive. I'll post pics once they do!

Dan

Back