Kris Voyager XL.... avaliable serrated?

I have always been a carrier of 2 EDC knives, 1 for utility and 1 strictly for self defense...

It has always been my opinion that the Spyderco Civilian was the best commercially available mass produced blade SHAPE for self defense.... Then Cold Steel introduced the Black Talon ....they seemed to be equals to me, though, now that the knife laws in Texas have been tossed out in whole .... blade size is no longer a limitation, and bigger is better ( within reason I guess ) ........ which led me to assessing other blades values as SD knives considering I could now legally carry swords and etc etc if I so chose....

After exhaustive research I concluded that for ME, the Voyager XL Vaquero was the ideal balance of size and potential threat in a SD situation....I had one of the standard XL voyager vaquero's but was not ...... happy ....to stop there if better was available.....SO....

I ordered 2 of the Lynn Thompson versions in CTS-XHP steel, 2 of the Snaggletooth self opening studs, and am in talks to have custom Karambit ring style backspacer replacements made for them....

That should put me, in a good place and allow me satisfaction to carry knowing I've done the best job of prep I can.....

Now, fast forward just a touch..... and I run across the Voyager XL Kris.......

Damn, .....Just, Damn......

Now, I'll have to own a pair, no question, but, considering the pattern, and the fact that they pretty much scream useless for anything but SD ..... ( ok not really, but damn limited anyway ) ...... Are they going to be available with the serrations as an option?

I'd hate to buy a pair, then have to wait a year for the serrated version, buy another pair, then wait another year for the extra special limited edition run with G10 handles, serrations, better blade steel, DLC coating.....and buy another pair....

LOL

no seriously, do you guys think they will be available serrated, or ever offered in an upgraded version?..... should I try and hold off a bit and skip the first most basic offering and hopes that I only end up buying 4 instead of 6?...

And, I guess, just on the off chance someone reads this that can add input to those that matter..... why for the love of god why can we not get a serrated XL version of the Black Talon?....I'd throw money at that from across the room..... even more so if they were fancied up ALA Espada style.......

anywho.... just ramblings from the mind of someone with entirely too much time on his hands LOL

Thanks for reading!

I was also wondering about a serrated Kris. My favorites are a serrated Vaquero Grande and an XL Voyager Vaquero with a plain blade. And just lately I like to carry my new Colossus. Awesome knives!

wish all the voyager XLs were available with the same handle material and finish as the Colossus2, that smooth green and black textured G10, XTS-XHP steel, and DLC..... would be nice to have upgrade options for the voyager XLs considering they are really the only XL game in town for those that prefer a bigger folder

I'd probably buy a few XL Black Talon II models if they were ever offered.

It's actually superior to the Civilian IMO and that's not an easy task.

Back