1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kudos to COOP and KnifeGallery.com

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by TK Steingass, Jan 13, 2018.

1. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Gentlemen:

I don't recall where I stumbled onto COOP's creation - I think it was a new notice on Instagram? It's called Knifegallery.com. You've got to check it out - it's very well done and easy to search for a specific makers' work. Also quite easy to maneuver between presentations. This is good for the community IMHO.

Nice work COOP - your work even shined me out of $2.00, cheap bastard that I am. :D

TK

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    gotgoat, Odog27, valknut and 2 others like this.
  2. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm blushing... :) Thank you.

Funny, I was just telling myself this afternoon "I need to make the announcement on Bladeforums." Tim, you jump-started this.

I sent out an email blast and an Instagram post late last week:

KnifeGallery.com

SharpByCoop Photography is now displaying ALL our client's work through OUR easy-to-remember website. NEW interface, clearer photos HIGHER resolution closeups!

Amazingly effective SEARCH feature. Look up any maker by last name. Or, two at once, separated by commas. SO COOL!

Short story: I was approached late in the summer by the owner of the domain 'KnifeGallery.com'. Would I like to purchase it? Well, the price was right, and although I didn't actually need it, I thought there are possibilities down the road.

Very prominent site name and I would regret it if someone else snagged it (obviously he was fishing to others.)

I decided to utilize it currently as a BETTER gallery of my (YOUR??!) work. The internet is much faster than it was in 2008 when I set up the previous on SharpByCoop.com, and the images CAN be larger.

Best system = Thumbs to midrange image, to enlarged image. Perfect.

This new Gallery views perfectly on PC's, Macs, tablets AND phones. (They call it 'responsive'.)

I did NOT spend a lot of time with other menus. I simply used the built-in feature and created two pull-down menus. One 'About' menu and the other.... you will have to see for yourself. ;)

No one wants to read, they want to look. :p

The SEARCH feature is OUTSTANDING. My previous gallery had it, but this one is quicker and a MUCH better return layout.

Search example: 'Steingass' (Click here.) I could not link to a search before.

My business website SharpByCoop.com will remain. That's where all the details of our transactions can be found. THIS site is where you can find the fruits of my labor.

I hope you find it as a RESOURCE as well as a cool site. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the promo opportunity.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  3. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    That’s fantastic my friend!!!!!

Many congratulations!!! ❤️

4. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Excellent to hear! Heading there in 3...2...1

5. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    Coop, this is singly the coolest thing I’ve seen in ages. The catalog you have is exhuastive and daunting... the new site makes it effortless to navigate and isolate, and even better - fun to just browse and wander! Congratulations, you’ve just killed my Sunday. Know what I’M doing today... :D

TK Steingass likes this.
  6. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Mind. Blown.

7. Sled

Sled Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2008
    This will be the "go to" resource for day dreaming and deciding what type and what options to go with on your next custom order. A phenomenal addition to the knife world. Should be wonderful for you and the represented knife makers to help grow your business.

Bummed I did not leave the Manaro and Elishewitz fixed blades I showed you at the NYCKS in November now!:D.....Always next year.

Hopefully Photobucket has nothing to do with your new site! :D

valknut likes this.
  8. Wilsonhome

Wilsonhome Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Great site. This is going to be a regular daydreaming site. Thanks!

9. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    well there's a couple of hours of gowin' woooowwwwwwww...........

10. 155440

Aug 7, 2012
    This resource is pretty awesome for guys like me who aren't able to go to shows and see custom work in person. The search feature makes it incredibly easy to look at a lot of one makers work.

Thanks for making this available to everyone Coop.

11. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Thank you Jim

12. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    That is a wonderful resource.

Take my damn $2 as a thanks :)

13. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Good Man!! :thumbsup:

AVigil likes this.
  14. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    What an amazing candy store of a site Jim has created. Really well done and most enjoyable! Have it book marked and added to my favorites. $2.00 sent. Thanks for the post Tim. Mike

AVigil likes this.
  15. the possum

the possum

Jul 31, 2002
    Gorgeous work from all involved. I have a feeling I won't accomplish anything productive today...

Question/suggestion:
    Can you set it up to search by type of knife? Like, I wanna see all the bowies, or daggers, etc. This is especially helpful if I want to see what's out there, and discover a maker I'd never heard of. Likewise, it would be helpful to bring new people into the knife community- I could share the link with members of a hunting forum for instance, showing all the fancy hunting knives that are being made today.

16. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Great question and a good one. Right now: No. :(

There are possibilities in 'tagging' the images which IS supported by the search window.

Tagging allows endless possibilities. Ex: Fixed, folders, hunting, Bowies, dagger, traditional, fighters, engraved, scrimshaw, Sheaths, etc. Anything can be created and then tagged.

I am most remiss that the engraving artists are buried without recognition. Tagging could cover them as well.

Here's the dilemma: EVERY image would need to be individually tagged here on my studio computer to show up. Multiple tags for each image.

I will consider. This is something I hoped I could HIRE my 15yr old son to do. Until I make the time to create tags and then create a system, and then go through the 5000+ images it's all I can do to at least have the maker's name.

To all who contributed: You are TERRIFIC! :thumbsup:

17. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    woooooowwww...

jwccustom57 likes this.
  18. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    Very Very Nice! I saw the announcement on IG, but just now looked.

19. i4Marc

i4Marc

Oct 19, 2011
    Coop, when do you sleep?