Kudos to KAI

First of all, I am a long time lurker and infrequent poster. Just discovered the Kershaw/ZT sub forum and started reading some posts. The first thing that struck me was the level of KAI’s involvement in this forum. From providing information with regards to release dates, upcoming models and answering questions to the amazing generosity of sending out free knives to some of the members. I have been frequenting some of the other manufacturers sub forums prior to coming here and the level of involvement and interaction by the manufacturers in those forums is slim to non-existent. I understand that monitoring and responding to the various knife related forums out there is a considerably monumental task that not all manufacturers will feel compelled to do. However, this is what sets KAI apart from all other manufacturers. At least in my eyes. This shows a company’s commitment to not only their customers but also to themselves and the pride they take in the products that they produce. The willingness to take the time and expend the resources on participating in these forums in order to find out what the “people” are saying about their products as well as what they could do to improve/change an existing product to meet a certain demand that may be out there.

I know that everything I have written has already been stated in other threads. I just felt the need to express this, as this was the feeling I got about this company after reading through just a few threads here.

LOL and yes, I do actually own a Kershaw. I was the very lucky winner of a GAW a while back and received a 1670BLKST Blur. It has become my regular EDC and I know that, even though I’m not the original owner, KAI will take care of me if I ever have a problem with it.

Now I just need to save up for my new grail…a 0550. So close yet so far, lol. My old grail used to be from another manufacturer with a sub forum on this site but almost no involvement in the actual forums at all. It has since changed after spending some time here.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling post and if you made it this far…sorry for that 5 minutes of your life that you will never get back!

Thanks KAI!

The 0550 is an excellent choice, lol but the more KAI products you get the more you want :)...

that sums things up very nicely, i dont own an 0550, (just an 0200, and a few kershaws)
but i think you will be amazed by the quality zt puts out

Last edited:
Everything u said is right on and are the reasons i love their products/company. The 0550 is a great great knife, its one of my fav as a edc. The new 0801 has kicked the 0550 out of my pocket u should check it out

I agree completely, I was lucky enough to get one of those free knives and I'm really exited to get my hands on it (traveling at the moment) and when I went to blade show they were amazingly friendly. Good people all around!

I couldn't agree more with the OP. It only took moments of holding my first ZT in hand to become infatuated with Kai. Seeing the customer service and commitment to their customers reassures me completely.

Everything u said is right on and are the reasons i love their products/company. The 0550 is a great great knife, its one of my fav as a edc. The new 0801 has kicked the 0550 out of my pocket u should check it out

What was it about the 0801 that it replaced your 0550?

This is not good...in less than a couple of hours I now have another grail to lust after. 0801 for weekdays and 0550 for weekends?

It's too bad that other health related bills come first. lol

You will not regret the 0550, i loved mine, wish i would have never traded it so now i am saving to get another one!

Welcome sir, we're glad to have you! 550 is my zt of choice lately. I use it as a camp, work, and just plain edc knife sometimes.

Make it the 0550BLK. It looks better and runs smoother from day one. If you want to get fancy add a CF scale.

The 0550BLK with Hinderer CF scale was hands down my favorite ZT. Of course, ZT messed up my balance less than a month ago when I got my 0801. Now, that IS my favorite excluding limited editions.

Indeed kudos to KAI/Kershaw/ZT for producing great quality knives, excellent customer service and just being nice folks!

If only they weren't so stingy with morsels of information. :D

Excellent post, I agree completely that though it may be said many times, you can never thank a company enough that does so much for us! Keep up the awesome work KAI!

Nice to have another lover of the KAI brand around! Even if you're a dirty lurker ;) You really can't go wrong with any of the knives ZT has produced. They've make some quality stuff, and continue to improve (apparently thats possible). Their 2013 line-up is outstanding... i own 2 of them (the 0801 and the 0600) and they're top notch.

Hopefully you'll get your 550 soon! Keep searching the exchange, good deals pop up pretty regularly. :thumbup:

I love the company participation too! Deep down inside, I like to think it is TW because he's awesome. :)

Glad to see you are still enjoying the Blur!!

The 550 still remains in my favorite KAI blade with the RAM a very close second. In general overall favorites it is still in my top 3 and still possibly still #1 for me. I'm actually carrying one today.

And I second the kudos to KAI and their awesomeness!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I'll just echo everyone else heer in saying that kai totally rocks. I don't think I've ever witnessed more generosity and passion about the product than } have in this sub forum.

Thanks kai/jimmer. we really appreciate everything you do.

Glad to see you are still enjoying the Blur!!

The 550 still remains in my favorite KAI blade with the RAM a very close second. In general overall favorites it is still in my top 3 and still possibly still #1 for me. I'm actually carrying one today.

And I second the kudos to KAI and their awesomeness!! :thumbup::thumbup:

And you, sir are the reason I now have this obsession!;). I love the Blur so much that now I want to take that "next step up".
In all seriousness, I really do enjoy carrying/using the Blur. Thanks again for the awesome GAW Josh.

Haha you are very welcome. I'm glad you are enjoying it! KAI has some really fantastic offerings at really great price points and that "step up" is definitely worth taking.

Also would like to recommend Dave (kershawguy here on the forums) as a place to pick one up. He has some really great prices and probably the fastest shipping I have seen.

Back