Kuk Stamps

It would be very nice if someone started posting the symbols for each kami that is working with HI nowadays.

Just a thought

Alejandro

That's not a bad idea. I know that somewhere there was a list of kamis and their symbols. However, with the turn over as of late and addition of some very fine artists, it would be nice to have an updated list. Count me in as a fan of new kamis Vim and Dil:thumbup:

The ones not listed in the link are

Vim - Flag
Dil - Flower (2 versions)
Yovraj - Torch
Dharan - Havn't seen his mark yet
SGT Khadka - no mark

SGT Khadka isn't employed by HI, but since his work is in DOTD every now and then I listed him.

Mark of new kami Santosh from 12" villager AK (Yangdu's giveaway - thanks again!):
attachment.php

Attachments

• Santosh.jpg
    Santosh.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 159
I think Dharan is the city where the non-hi khukuris are made. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharan
Yangdu occasionally gets some from there to help those kamis. They are always identified as Dharan, to differentiate them from the HI pieces. There's probably a post about this way back somewhere.
Steve

Still,I think it would be nice if someone with the knowledge and the pictures could post a longer list.

For example, I have one that look like half a sun, and no idea who made it.

It truly would be great to update the list in the site.

Alejandro

Still,I think it would be nice if someone with the knowledge and the pictures could post a longer list.

For example, I have one that look like half a sun, and no idea who made it.

It truly would be great to update the list in the site.

Alejandro

Sher has the rising/setting sun.

Ok here's my question.
Like yours on mine there are two stamps/Marks.......Which Kami did what to the blade. I.E. who was the main one and did most of the work and what.

Marc Adkins

Mark of new kami Santosh from 12" villager AK (Yangdu's giveaway - thanks again!):
attachment.php

The arrow symbol is the mark of the individual kami named Santosh. The circle with rays in four directions represents Himalayan Imports' BirGorkha shop. (At least I think that's right:eek:).
Berk

Back